• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CJC Trips Over Dollar, Saves Penny

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This never happened. It was never posted on ANY AP wire nor in any newspaper in the northeast region. Completely fabricated.

This never happened. It was never posted on ANY AP wire nor in any newspaper in the northeast region. Completely fabricated.

Yes, we get that.

Whoever wrote the 'story' is a good writer. I would guess that the author has had some training or experience in writing in a journalistic fashion conforming to AP standards. However, the piece was obviously written from the point the pilot's point of view. As we all know, the real media doesn't care one bit about the pilot's point of view, unless there are fatalities involved.

I will readily acknowledge that the airline industry in general treats its employees and stakeholders terribly. If the flight crew involved felt that the company cared about them at all, the feelings behind this fabricated event would not exist.

Ideally, this event never happened, and no servicemember was put to any inconvenience to prove a point. Hopefully, this was a satirically driven effort to instill confidence in flight crew everywhere.

From a personal standpoint, if placed as a working or deadheading crewmember on the (fictional) flight, I would not have let it go this far. I would gladly explain to a (chief pilot/pro standards/schoolyard bully/my wife if I got fired for this incident/GOD himself...) why I was unable to work that flight until the situation was resolved.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back