• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CJC Trips Over Dollar, Saves Penny

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, 30 posts on this? This is even better than the "I can log PIC while the Captain's in the crapper" thread.

You'd think guys would be smart enough by now not to take the bait on stuff like this.

The article is bogus. This event never took place. Nothing more than a sophmoric prank by someone who should be mature enough to know better. Of course, look how many of you fell for it! :laugh:

Last edited:
Perhaps it was a prank, but it does point to the state of the industry wouldn't you agree? This is a very good example of the indifference that many airlines feel toward their employees and customers. I can almost imagine personnel wading thru grease-laden Kentucky Fried Chicken boxes, and watching the clock while the flight crews perform their duties with or without their "assistance."

if the captain did as this story said and went back to the gate and removed this soldier, te captain should be fired, ban from the airline/aviation industry forever, tared and feathered and deported to the worst 3rd world country on this planet. and he should take the DH fo with him.

I don't care what scheduling or the company said. period.

Sometimes you have to be the better person and do the right thing anyway.

Bright logic there, champ.

Nowhere in the article did they say that he kicked Jesus off the airplane.

It's too bad a serviceman got booted, but the Captain protected a crewmember from being financially f**ked over, and you throw a tantrum.

Are you from Texas, or some other Southern state far removed from northern luxuries such as reason and logic?

Last edited:
Or the common sense not to...

All right, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. I THINK you were referring to the actions of the flight crew/DH pilot, as in they had no common sense.

That is what you meant, right? You weren't taking a shot at the soldier, were you?

Set this one straight, would ya?

Bright logic there, champ.

Nowhere in the article did they say that he kicked Jesus off the airplane.

It's too bad a serviceman got booted, but the Captain protected a crewmember from being financially f**ked over, and you throw a tantrum.

Are you from Texas, or some other Southern state far removed from northern luxuries such as reason and logic?

Deeeeeep breath...

Northern luxuries such as reason and logic? Is this an attempt at sarcasm? You meant to have a little smiley face here, right?

The captain protected a crewmember from being financially 'f**cked' over? Does being a crewmember now trump being a human being?

Seriously, in that exact same situation, are you saying that you would have kicked the soldier/sailor/marine/airman off of the flight to make your point about being displeased with your compensation?

People who choose to serve their country generally have characteristics of self-sacrifice and personal responsibility. (Much like [you brought this to the thread] JESUS.)

What personality characteristics to you have?

Obviously, this thread is an attempt at flame bait. I get it. The earnest responses given here are disturbing, however.

People who choose to serve their country generally have characteristics of self-sacrifice and personal responsibility. (Much like [you brought this to the thread] JESUS.)

What are you talking about.. Where did I criticize servicemen or imply that they have no personal responsibility? Or are you just making incoherent points?
'
I criticized your line of thinking when it comes to this situation.

You're throwing a pilot under the bus when you should be spending this entire thread throwing the airline under the bus. Or maybe the pax? They should all hold equal contempt in your eyes for not giving up their seat. And yeah, they did know. I'm pretty sure after taxiing back to the gate twice and watching a serviceman get off, they figured it out. But they sat quietly in their $60.00 seats.

"Tar and feather" the captain for looking out for his fellow pilot? You people sit here and act like he committed treason.

Let's cut the over-emotional and baseless tantrums and get back to planet earth.

What are you talking about.. Where did I criticize servicemen or imply that they have no personal responsibility? Or are you just making incoherent points?
'
I criticized your line of thinking when it comes to this situation.

You're throwing a pilot under the bus when you should be spending this entire thread throwing the airline under the bus. Or maybe the pax? They should all hold equal contempt in your eyes for not giving up their seat. And yeah, they did know. I'm pretty sure after taxiing back to the gate twice and watching a serviceman get off, they figured it out. But they sat quietly in their $60.00 seats.

"Tar and feather" the captain for looking out for his fellow pilot? You people sit here and act like he committed treason.

Let's cut the over-emotional and baseless tantrums and get back to planet earth.

Welll, what say you: would you have kicked the servicemember off of the airplane so that you could make your point about a sh*tty situation at the airline?

Read my post again: I wasn't making a point about the servicemember's personal responsibility. I was making a point about your personal responsibility.

I must be missing some of this 'northern' logic and reason you are referrnig to.

This thread is STILL going? :erm:

Welll, what say you: would you have kicked the servicemember off of the airplane so that you could make your point about a sh*tty situation at the airline?

Read my post again: I wasn't making a point about the servicemember's personal responsibility. I was making a point about your personal responsibility.

I must be missing some of this 'northern' logic and reason you are referrnig to.

What I would have done is irrelevant. My post was not directed at you. It was directed at "ohplease!" who actually spat the straw out from between his teeth and went on some silly tirade as if the Captain had committed treason. The captain put the ball in the company's court, and they decided they would rather kick off a serviceman and pay a lot more money in the process than be fair in compensation.

I think what happened was awful and since you asked, had I been the positive spaced pilot, I'd have happily taken a seat in the cockpit so I could let the guy go home and see his family. From where I sit now, I would probably have done things differently, but then again, I wasn't there and I don't know what other circumstances existed (or if kicking off the guy was necessary because there were bigger things at stake?). Nor do we know if this story is a bunch of bunk. I responded to an elementary reaction. Or maybe the Captain made the offer to the company never imagining that the company would actually do what they did, and when they actually did it, he HAD to follow through. Otherwise, the company would continue walk all over the pilots without thinking twice.

As far as the soldier, I hope he got home soon enough. He didn't need that and I criticize the company for not bending over backwards to accommodate him.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back