Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm

Reading helps

if preliminary reports are correct a tire blew out (not likely to be crew related this time)

Was he to fast?

Did he land long and lock up a wheel?

The blame always goes to the pilot.

Either way Santa Monica airport is dangerous. Its only a matter of time before something larger goes off the end of the runway.

Time to make them rich folks drive to LAX, OR VNY.

Was he to fast?

Did he land long and lock up a wheel?

The blame always goes to the pilot.

Either way Santa Monica airport is dangerous. Its only a matter of time before something larger goes off the end of the runway.

Time to make them rich folks drive to LAX, OR VNY.

That makes no sense..length of runway had nothing to do with it..he went off the side, not the end..it could have been 10,000ft long and outcome probably would have been the same assuming hangar and everything was in the way of his path

That makes no sense..length of runway had nothing to do with it..he went off the side, not the end..it could have been 10,000ft long and outcome probably would have been the same assuming hangar and everything was in the way of his path

I respectfully disagree.

Do you apply the same amount of toe-brake pressure going into SMO as you do SFO? If there was a brake/wheel issue, it absolutely could have become an issue due to the short & downhill runway.

GOD I hope you're right

SMO and jets don't play well together..... only a matter of time before an inexperienced pilot stalls a jet on take off while trying to "reduce noise"....

there is no need to go into SMO (LAX, LGB, BUR, VNY, SNA, ONT) jeez, how many options do you need??

I hate that freaking airport

SMO isn't for everybody. Only the good pilots like to fly there. Weak ones generally don't.

Flightbag

I'm not trying to come across as a heartless ass, but a well trained, professional crew would be less likely to lose control in an abnormal situation than your typical CEO Top Gun commando.

Some of the scariest aviators I have ever seen are tearing up the skies around HPN on every sunny weekend.

You're not heartless, just misinformed... didn't you know stock options and bonuses not only trump common sense but also invalidate physics? God bless the Job Creators. :eek:

Last two comments are classless and both of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

People died and and you are promoting an agenda?

OHGOON....not sure what you are saying, but hopefully it is something other than the way way I read it. I have confidence in you!

Last edited:

Short Runway with a steep Instrument Approach.

You have no room to come in fast or high.

I take my comment back on closing the airport to turbine powered. Ban everyone except for NETJETS and FLEXJETOPTIONS. Let the Professional Fractional Pilots fly in to SMO.

Latest resources

Back