City Pairs for 190 for Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tailhookah said:
With the bankrupt legacies dropping their payrates to regional levels, pay at B6 at comparable years service will be higher for the 320. As for the 190 time will tell. We all know the payrates on the 190 are low but hopefully for all of us they will go up as the efficiency of the jet is realized. The pay in this industry is being reset and for the sake of us all we need to keep it from sliding any further... that said I don't think ALPA has the ability to do that anymore, especially w/ Steenlands attempt at union busting over at NWA. We will have to see how things pan out over at the Red Tails and hope ALPA has the fortitude to tow the line and win this one. If they don't then eventually even the LCC's will have to adjust payrates lower to counter the new pay at the legacy carriers. Unfortunately ALPA is being run by senior pilot's who only care about their pay and retirement and will sell out scope/pay and benefits for the rest of us just to get theirs.... as I've said before, ALPA better be careful as this may be the beginning of the end for the once proud organization.....

tail

So, the idea is to accept lower rates now, so that sometime in the future you might get paid more? Brilliant! Now, remind me how many times this has worked for other employee/employer relationships on the past.

labbats said:
So, the idea is to accept lower rates now, so that sometime in the future you might get paid more? Brilliant! Now, remind me how many times this has worked for other employee/employer relationships on the past.

I think it will be a lot more successful than the prior strategy of farming the aircraft out to your regional feeder because you don't want to accept a lower pay rate. That's bitten us all in the butt.

wndshr said:
TONY: don't you think you should concentrate more on your company's.....ummm..."safety record" rather than flamebait 190 pay for the millionth time? just a thought!
I haven't crashed one all week, thank you. :)

Some of these post are pretty amuuuuzing. Heres the numbers just in case anyone really cares.
MTOW 114,000 and change
Length 118 feet and change
wingspan 94 feet and change
height to top of rudder 34 feet and change
Engines CF34-10E's
Rollerboards will fit in the overhead bins, being as the fuselage is not round. (new technology here) You wont have to give up your bags like on real RJ's. haha.
Full Honeywell Glass with Dual Colllins Heads UP Guidance Systems.
(HUD Accuracy will allow for Handflown CatIII App.)

Dis all I have for now mon.
G'Day

CUZ said:
Some of these post are pretty amuuuuzing. Heres the numbers just in case anyone really cares.
MTOW 114,000 and change
Length 118 feet and change
wingspan 94 feet and change
height to top of rudder 34 feet and change
Engines CF34-10E's
Rollerboards will fit in the overhead bins, being as the fuselage is not round. (new technology here) You wont have to give up your bags like on real RJ's. haha.
Full Honeywell Glass with Dual Colllins Heads UP Guidance Systems.
(HUD Accuracy will allow for Handflown CatIII App.)

Dis all I have for now mon.
G'Day

I've flown on the E170 many times and its comfort far exceeds any typical CRJ or ERJ - there's no comparison. I imagine the E190 will be great as well. I think the CRJ series is one of the least comfortable aircraft out there - period. The CR9 is just a longer tubular version of the CRJ with small ridiculously small bins...

Beyond intuitive cost savings (e.g., flight training, maintenance/spares) reasons, I can't understand why other airlines are ordering the CR7 and CR9 when the E170/E190 could also be ordered and used. I know that there must be an order backlog by now, but the E170 has been out for awhile and most of the initial software bugs have been worked out. Having flown on both, there is simply no comparison in terms of ergonomics or comfort... The E170/190 wins hands down.

I agree OnYourSix. Its a really comfy airplane for the passengers. They should love it. Least I hope so. My future probably depends on it. My company has a very large investment in this aircraft.

Latest resources

Back