• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationShares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unions are not perfect by any means, but if you ever needed an argument for one, Bravodude can provide the reasons......... Meritocracy does not work when you have a lot of subjectivity and no protection. That's my opinion and it probably differs with a lot of CS folks.

Well Bogie, I guess Bravodude asnwered your questions.

Now, why do YOU, Bogie, love it there so much with those conditions that Bravo has described?

Do you refuse trips for whatever reason?

Do you Fatigue?

How many 10 hours turns will you do?

If they were put in a private room, how would you be described by the folks who have to fly with you?

Do you still think your recent pay raise still has nothing to do with our CBA being ratified? (I love your answer to this one!!!!)

Blueridge71; if your reading this..any truth to it?
Some.

I've heard that upgrades typically run in seniority order unless there is some problem. From what I've heard, stuff like OT just determines whether you upgrade at the front of your class or the back.

There is dispatch, but they aren't like 121 dispatchers. Pilots do the flightplanning unless it is international. They do mistakes, and so you have to watch them. Pilots have a lot of autonomy and responsibility, moreso than under 121.

I think that management is making an effort to improve things for the pilots. We'll see how it goes. I keep hearing that a lot of positive changes will come with profitability next year.

Airport standby is not nearly as bad as it was, at least it hasn't been for me. I think a lot depends on the fleet and the location.

As far as min rest, it is 10 hours and you technically get min rest a lot. I say technically because when you get done flying early, you go to the hotel for hotel reserve. You are at the hotel, but technically you are still on duty. The big difference is that you can't have a beer and this upsets some people. The hotel reserve is mainly so that the company can contact you if the schedule changes, although there was one time that we had to check out and go back to the airplane for a rescue flight.

As Obi Wan told Luke, "a lot depends on your point of view." Fractional flying in general and CS in particular is not for everyone. I enjoy the flying and I like the company even though every pilot can point to areas that they would like to see improved.

I left myself KID. Along with about 4 or 5 others-thats in the same week. As for those that care to know why its because the company will promise one thing and they will do something that is totaly diff. their response is always the same if you don't like it leave. I have seen people screw up things so bad that you would think they should be fired on the spot but instead they are promoted. I have seen guys stay for years and years and give nothing but the best service get left behind. (no i was not one of them) for those that think the merrit based system is dead think again. no overtime=late upgrade, don't drink the company koolaid=late upgrade, mgt doesnt like you=late upgrade. As for my reasons why I left they are pretty simple. no dispatch, no pilot friendly mgt. and too much of the you dont like it then leave. crew rot at the fbo, min rest overnite evry single nite. The company will try to push you as much as they can and as long as you get the job done no problem, but if screw up watch out. There are alot of senior people that are getting ready leave, i get calls everyday asking for letters of recomendations. The bottom line is toooooo many people are afraid to say anything online or at the fbo. you don't have to beleive me since i don't care now that i am gone.
It was a great place to be 2-4 years ago but now times have change and in my opinion they are not much better than a regional. Before i left nehires were telling me that when they interviewd they were told that it was a 7/7 schedule, but when they showed up mgt all of a sudden decided that it changed to an 8/6 if this is the company you want to work for be my guest.

The above post is pretty accurate. Been there...done that... but didn't get a t-shirt. Good Luck.

For me its simple. I got to WORK for 7 days fly nice equipment with outstanding people, then I go home for 7 days (or like this week 11), and twice a month a decent paychek clears in my bank account.

The people that b!tch about CS will move on. Maybe to NJ or SWA and complain about no home basing or flying 28 hour four days with min rest.
Dude if you want to long amounts of time of sighn up for welfare or commit a crime requiring jail time. If you want to work CS is an outstanding place

amen

Ino overtime=late upgrade, don't drink the company koolaid=late upgrade, mgt doesnt like you=late upgrade. As for my reasons why I left they are pretty simple. no dispatch, no pilot friendly mgt. and too much of the you dont like it then leave. crew rot at the fbo, min rest overnite evry single nite. The company will try to push you as much as they can and as long as you get the job done no problem, but if screw up watch out. It was a great place to be 2-4 years ago but now times have change and in my opinion they are not much better than a regional. .

ENOUGH SAID

say whaa?

I left myself KID...if this is the company you want to work for be my guest.

Will you miss the "Share Bear" and please tell us how many times did you have to fly with the bear when you were there. :puke:

Hope ya never need a reference from em. I can see that bridge a burnin from here. If ya hated it so much, why did you stay for 4 years...lemme guess you were involved in the incestuous interoffice phook phest. Just when is it permissible to boink your subordinates anyway...when its part of the culture?

Too bad bravodude you had such a bad time. Good that you went to SWA or JB and good luck.

Last edited:
Office Pool

Will you miss the "Share Bear" and please tell us how many times did you have to fly with the bear when you were there. :puke:

Hope ya never need a reference from em. I can see that bridge a burnin from here. If ya hated it so much, why did you stay for 4 years...lemme guess you were involved in the incestuous interoffice phook phest. Just when is it permissible to boink your subordinates anyway...when its part of the culture?

Too bad bravodude you had such a bad time. Good that you went to SWA or JB and good luck.

Hey the office "talent" is reserved for management and legal counsel NOT PILOTS. There is an FIB outlining protocol I am sure. Like your sense of humor Mr. Cat.

Latest resources

Back