Citationshares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DC8Driver,

The X is actually a pretty nice flying airplane, most of the time. In gusty or windy conditions it can be a handful. The aileron / roll spoiler surfaces lag somewhat in response time, which is one of the reasons that Cessna is implementing a mod to speed up the reaction of the roll control surfaces on the newer serial numbered aircraft. I am not up on all the specifics at this time, since I was unemployed as of 9/16, but hopefully I will get the chance to fly this aircraft again in the near future.

It sure was a nice aircraft :)

Last edited:
Back to my question

If anyone has an answer.....

Anyone currently at Citation Shares living within 90 minutes of a domicile who can airline in? I assume the 90 minute rule is obviously a ground commute?

It seems hard for this thread to stay focused on what matters.

CitationCapt.

CitationCapt:

Forums are for questions and the dissemination of information ... Someone asked me a question, and I answered it. Deal with it.

Last edited:
???

My jab was for for the jester, aka Smellycat. Thanks 750 for your PM reply.

OK, can anyone answer my question from a few posts back...

Anyone currently at Citation Shares living within 90 minutes of a domicile who can airline in? I assume the 90 minute rule is obviously a ground commute?

Thanks,

CitationCapt

Part of the problem may be that no one understands your question! I don't! What do you mean by 'airline in'?? If you lived within 90 minutes of your domicile why in the world would you want to airline in anyway??

I don't work for CShares so don't take my word on it but from what I've seen in my career(both corporate and airline) when a company(any company) says that you need to be within 90 minutes of your domicile they mean exactly that - you need to be within 90 minutes of your domicile - they don't care wether you drive, fly, take a cab, or ride a donkey - as long as you can get to your domicile airport withing 90 minutes of notificatiion.

CL

Xrated750 said:
:eek:

Simply put yes it is the fastest Biz jet out there.

.92 out

I'll buy this to a point. The GV currently holds the National Aeronautic Association and the Federation Aeronautique Internationale speed record for New York to Los Angeles. It's a matter of range - the Citation X goes real fast, but does not go real far or real high at the same time.

A while back (August) I took off from Teterboro in a 90,500 pound GV going to Kauai. Immediately behind me, a 750 took off (with TEB minimum IFR separation) going to the left coast. I went initially to 43,000 feet and .87 mach or about 500kts. The GV is red lined at .885 or about 508kts (at -56.7 C.), so for max speed with some margin, I limited max speed to .88 or 505kts so I didn't have to listen to the overspeed cricket.

The 750 initially went to 35,000 and probably to around .90 mach at his weight, although he was reporting .92 to ATC when they asked his mach. The operant thing is that while he was going faster, all the way across the nation he continued to check on frequency about the same 3 minutes behind me that he took off after me, and somewhere around Ore-gun he ran out of fuel and had to land while I continued on another 2400nm to Kauai and landed with 9,000 lbs of fuel. My average trip speed for the 4400nm was .875 or a little over 502 knots.

My apologies

CL600,

My apologies for asking a question that you or any other viewer apparently didn't understand, but of course your point on 90 minutes is obvious.

CitationCapt.

GVFlyer said:

I'll buy this to a point. The GV currently holds the National Aeronautic Association and the Federation Aeronautique Internationale speed record for New York to Los Angeles. It's a matter of range - the Citation X goes real fast, but does not go real far or real high at the same time.

A while back (August) I took off from Teterboro in a 90,500 pound GV going to Kauai. Immediately behind me, a 750 took off (with TEB minimum IFR separation) going to the left coast. I went initially to 43,000 feet and .87 mach or about 500kts. The GV is red lined at .885 or about 508kts (at -56.7 C.), so for max speed with some margin, I limited max speed to .88 or 505kts so I didn't have to listen to the overspeed cricket.

The 750 initially went to 35,000 and probably to around .90 mach at his weight, although he was reporting .92 to ATC when they asked his mach. The operant thing is that while he was going faster, all the way across the nation he continued to check on frequency about the same 3 minutes behind me that he took off after me, and somewhere around Ore-gun he ran out of fuel and had to land while I continued on another 2400nm to Kauai and landed with 9,000 lbs of fuel. My average trip speed for the 4400nm was .875 or a little over 502 knots.

Hey GV!!!

Why don't you just admit that the CE 750 is FASTER than the freakin GV? We aint talkin about range or max altitude.

The GV is a gorgeous bird but when it comes to just plain speed, the X is the fastest jet, period.

Cheers,
gump

Citation Capt - sorry if I misunderstood your question - I'm not the shrapest ball of Play Dough in the can.

Gump - how many days would it take you to catch a X?? Ya'll ought to hook up a tow rope and let them pull you around the country! :D You need to come thru LUK soon - I think it's my turn to buy!

CL

Latest resources

Back