• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citationshares - My First 100 Days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info Pigheel. While having read a few things in the various publications regarding Citationshares, yours is the first frst-hand info I've seen here on some of the particulars. It's much appreciated. Your thoughts on training experience? bidding? pay?

Let's compare netjets to citationshares

6 months with 100 days on line

hired Jan 20 on line may 15

typed in ultra at cmh
60 hours in aircraft with 20 flying days
alternate schedule with 7 days off in a row once a month avg 16 days on. average 4 legs a days an had 3 5 leg days. I got pay raise to first year captain pay after 4 months even before first on line flight.

hotels mostly hilton with a few odd name hotels in small citys.
counties visited just canada twice

3 days with over 12 hours duty one was travel home
Didn't have to move from vegas i got 26 cities to choose from.
I could upgade to captain in every aircraft except BBJ, falcon, and X. Some guys in new hire have already gone to hawkers, VII, and ultras as captain.

Only complaint is training takes a long time.

Best flying job I'ave ever had.
great attitudes from management, support groups and crews.

machspeed

Turbinehead:

Information, especially firsthand information, is a valuable commodity. It is why we are here.

I'm happy to read any experiences a new hire has to share. Knowlege is power.

Pigheel, take nothing that turbinehead says personally. The only LR jet and king air that he has flown is on flight sim 2001 . Just another jealous little boy. Sounds like a great job welcome to the world of silly civilians.

VFR at Citationshares

I talked to a Citationshares crew in BUF last friday late afternoon they said that the company had them fly from HPN to BUF with pax VFR at 8500'. We were scheduled to go the HPN that night but we were told by ATC of 2-3 hr delays and holds etc. due to severe wx enroute. I was just wondering if it is normal for this sort of operation at Citaionshares? Very high density airport operations, VFR with thunderstorms.

WHAT!?!?

What type of aircraft was the crew flying? Do they fly the Pilatus?

How about was it a King Air?

Scary.

Well, let's see, Turbinehead.

The company is called Citationshares.

Could they possibly have been flying a Citation?

In knotheads I mean Turbinehead's defense they do fly king air's. That's all the defense he's getting from me though. So don't shoot me.

Mr. Turbinehead.

I found it odd that you would be asking about two brands of aircraft which are not the main thrust of the Citationshares business with regard to the incident mentioned, and I don't know what you meant by the comment "scary." Scary to operate VFR, or to work for a company that thought this was a good practice? I'd say: the latter.

Teeny Weenie just got a whole lot smaller, with the beginning of the RW 19 closures over the next year.

If I had any real Cherokee heritage, I'd have a job with United. Actually, my PA-28 days were some of the best flying times I've had since flying a Bellanca as a child.

Latest resources

Back