Citationshares - My First 100 Days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dimly lit,

I don't believe that CitationShares is attempting to "smokescreen their deficiencies" with their pilot's attire. They are simply attempting to project a certain image to their owners and potential owners. Perhaps I can understand your attitude and bitterness that result from your past experiences. But, you don't see CS pilots on this board b!tching and moaning about the company's policies, lack of training or commitment to safety, etc., or any other "stupid rules". That should tell you all you need to know.

Yo Dimly,

Did you mean to imply that CitationShares is the "struggling upstart" because that's the way it came across. I wonder if others share your view. Just curious if it's worth thinking about a career with them.

For other CitationShares pilots, are there plans for other aircraft besides their small jets. Will they every get the X?

Reading Dimly's post reminds me of formal night on a cruise I was on. There's always a few people that won't dress up regardless of what the policy is.

clothes

No,no,no,no. Do not take what I am saying as in any way cutting down any other specific fractional. I apologize for being so long winded about saying that it is stupid to wear a dark wool coat when it is 100 degrees on the ramp. I speculated to long about why that anyone would want to torture a pilot by making them submit to such a stupid policy. I have no gripes with any company; they are what they are and probably have more in common than not. If you like the way cs does things or flex or whatever do whatever you think is your best bet. I really am sorry for starting this whole thing.

Want to know what I think sucks, F.O.'s wearing captains bars, ugly 70's style pilot ties, and 8 day work schedules.

Tom, since you feel so strongly about these issues, shall we air your dirty laundry and let everybody know WHY you feel this way?

By the way, your insecurity is showing based on your comment about FO's wearing four stripes.

Dirty laundry

Great uniforms generate a lot of dirty laundry.

Go ahead, air the dirty laundry...we all want to hear it.

Hey, if the wacky theory holds true that has been presented here...that inadequate pilots dress to impress and cover up inadequacies.... well, then... Flight Options pilots would be wearin Tuxedos to work, wouldnt they.

Last edited:
I'm not going to waste my time, you have lots of laundry yourself, so does your company. Out of respect for many friends of mine who still work there, I have remained silent..I suggest you do the same.

The choice is yours.

Jedi

Last edited:
Hey turbinehead what's your beef with Options. Every post that you make you seem to be bashing them. Did they turn you down or something? You want everyone else to spill it. I think you should start first.

There is nothing wrong with a FO wearing CA stripes. In fact AA and Eagle have a provision for displaced CA to continue to wear their 4 stripes. I was displaced last Dec, but now wear 3 stripes....but have wore my CA boards. Trust me....you are treated differently by captains when you have 4 stripes. All I am saying is there should be no problem with this as mentioned earlier. You all know you felt **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good when you first put the CA stripes on......don't deny it.

Latest resources

Back