• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citationshares lets 30 go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man. I was just talking to one of their pilots in GSO yesterday and he said there was no talk of furloughs. Guess that goes to show that nobody really knows anything.

Is this verified? Was it by seniority or "merit" based like XO? What a terrible time for this profession.

Last edited:
Wow, my thoughts go out to those pilots and their families. Very poor timing indeed. On a more selfish note...I guess I wont be getting out of the pool anytime soon.

its true just read email awhile going in reverse order said if some senior hags would go they wouldn't have to furlough

Looks like furlough number 4 for me - and just in time for Christmas! Sure am glad I got away from the airlines... Good luck to everyone.

30 pilots will be furloughed in inverse seniority. 8 office staff will be gone. (Fortunately they just promoted 3 or 4 to VP so there'll be mroe oversite of those left standing). There is an opt-out for people who who want a lump sum, 1 month pay for every year's service up to nine years. They're offering LOA. Demoting up to 13, and demoting up to 18 supervisory pilots (though they haven't said how the supervisory's will get chosen, but I hear that it's merit based...whatever the f that means). Official notices go out on 12/22. I've heard that they will pay furlough pay until March, though they haven't actually said that.

Latest resources

Back