• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citationshares lets 30 go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm curious and this is not meant to sound smug BUT at the fracs who've furloughed I have a question. Did management approach the pilots ahead of time, enlist their support in cost saving measures and attempt to delay or stop any furloughs from happening? Or did they just pull the plug?

I've made up my mind, don't CONFUSE me with the facts!!!!! :nuts:

I've made up my mind, don't CONFUSE me with the facts!!!!! :nuts:

tragically though my question was not rhetorical, we all know the facts. The vast majority of management view pilots as nothing more than a part of the inventory. nothing of real value, just a cost against the bottom line. These 'managers' have no issues with going right to employee cuts first. They have no creativity. They do not enlist crew members who are in fact not inventory, but the product - to work side by side in an effort to reduce costs and increase efficiency. The neither inspire loyalty nor lead crew members during tough financial times. They ensure the pilots at these companies are forced to look out for themselves and try to hoard every nickel they can to prepare for the day when they get the 'letter'.

Of course there are some here who will say that's what good leadership is. I would disagree. To those at CS, XO and anywhere else where the first thing they tried was furlough, you truly are the worst kind of management there is. You trample careers and ruin lives. The hatred and venom directed at these 'managers' is well earned. They are despicable.

tragically though my question was not rhetorical, we all know the facts. The vast majority of management view pilots as nothing more than a part of the inventory. nothing of real value, just a cost against the bottom line. These 'managers' have no issues with going right to employee cuts first. They have no creativity. They do not enlist crew members who are in fact not inventory, but the product - to work side by side in an effort to reduce costs and increase efficiency. The neither inspire loyalty nor lead crew members during tough financial times. They ensure the pilots at these companies are forced to look out for themselves and try to hoard every nickel they can to prepare for the day when they get the 'letter'.

Of course there are some here who will say that's what good leadership is. I would disagree. To those at CS, XO and anywhere else where the first thing they tried was furlough, you truly are the worst kind of management there is. You trample careers and ruin lives. The hatred and venom directed at these 'managers' is well earned. They are despicable.
Tell us - what are some of the things you are willing to give up (not negotiate) in your contract to keep management from furloughing pilots/laying off more back office employees (which is already happening at nja.)?
Aren't the pilots already as efficient as they could be? The facts are, current owners are leaving, card owners are slowing and not renewing, capacity is shrinking and net aircraft are negative. A furlough doesn't mean management at nja is incompetent. As santulli said, he never saw this degree of economic falloff coming as quick as it did. He'll simply have to adjust to the realities of the new economy/marketplace.

Last edited:
i'm not sure where you get your info regarding NJA but it certainly doesn't appear accurate. In addition if you're asking solely about NJA why would you assume the pilots need to give anything up? I do agree that there does exist a time when a furlough is the only choice. If it's not the last choice however, then I do think management has failed.

Tell us - what are some of the things you are willing to give up (not negotiate) in your contract to keep management from furloughing pilots/laying off more back office employees (which is already happening at nja.)?

Very nice and subtle but furloughs aren't going to happen. The others blinked and NJ is going to capitalize on the good PR not furloughing brings us.

maybe they will furlough.....good thing we negotiated a good salary for the pilots. Think how bad it would be if they furloughed with the pay that management wanted to pay us.

Kinda funny how management NEVER takes a pay cut to save the company.

Within the year.... :bawling:

Sorry nope....

But here is to ending your pathetic life within the above timeframe. Just finally do it, nobody likes you anyways.

Latest resources

Back