• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citationshares lets 30 go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To get this back on track, CS furloughed 24 and downgraded 9 Captains. Six pilots took the early out.

I'll say it again Bafoon 19

Right now if I were you, I'd be feeling like a moron.

With the week the pilots have had all over the US do to the awful weather.

As opposed to your comments of how easy our jobs are, and how tough it is to be on management.

Baffoon 19, you are a worthless fool.

Funny how Publishers sights MIA in his example...

There is no question that as things have gone along, some of the issues with cards have been changed, but the number if aircraft in the equation is not really the factor. It relates more to deadhead hours, aircraft utilization against residual value of share or aircraft value at end or disposal, type of aircraft, etc.. Flex has done a pretty good job as has Citation shares, but again like Netjets, there is an undefined symbiotic relationship in their case with the manufacturer. Avantair tries to be like that as pretty much the sole Piaggio user. Nevertheless, on their own, none of have been consistently profitable.
To give you some idea of impact, at MIA 40% of the general aviation traffic is Frac. Netjets is 80% of that. Flex is next with near 10% and then the rest are divided equally.
Ironically in a down economy, the flights are way down but the percentages are the same.

Which just so happens to be the Corporate Headquarters of both Ford and Harrison Union Busting Lawfirm and HIG, owners of Flight Options.

I think Santa just sent us a Christmas Present in the form of a little slip up by Bob19's butt buddy:D

Freedom is Not Free, it must be earned through the efforts of Brave Men, such as the Pilots of Flight Options. Carry On Gentlemen!

Freedom, I have been in South Florida since 1969, learned to fly at FLL and PMP, and have lived here off and on since. I came back here after EZ as a commercial transport aircraft trader/lessor, did airline certification work, had a flight attendant training school, and was a consultant for a number of companies, aviaton and not.
Back in the day, we sold our FBO and charter company to Corporate Wings and I had a long relationship in Columbus with EJA.
I have no dog in the fight but am a close watcher of the business. I was very interested in Ed's Dayjet concept, the XO model, and other different ideas.

Right now if I were you, I'd be feeling like a moron.

With the week the pilots have had all over the US do to the awful weather.

As opposed to your comments of how easy our jobs are, and how tough it is to be on management.

Baffoon 19, you are a worthless fool.

Seymour, I never feel like a moron, I've been far too successful in my endeavors standing up for pilots and the basic working employee over the years. What have you done Seymour, helped vote in a union? You've weakend the company Seymour.

I've made the effort and paid the price for stepping into management where I could make a difference. Have you?

When it comes to looking out for the best interest of the average employee, those that choose the union way and jeopardize the careers of all those around you out of selfishness and greed are the ones that I consider the closest definition of moron.

Unions only look out for themselves while the rest of the people are innocent bystanders and suffer the consequences for that greed.

Agreed.....some CS guys are probably checking this thread for rumors. Take the non-pertinent squabbling elsewhere.

It's all pertinent though. CS had an opportunity to do what union shops can't. The were forced to adjust the workforce in a manner that made the best out of a horrible circumstance. When this happens at NJ later this year, watch the screaming on this board because seniority knows no fairness. There won't be voluntary packages, it will be strictly by the numbers and there isn't a single person on these boards that will find fairness in that.

I beg to differ.

There won't be voluntary packages, it will be strictly by the numbers and there isn't a single person on these boards that will find fairness in that.
"By the numbers", I find that the very fair.
Crawl back under your rock, and stop enjoying other peoples misery, or at least do it in silence.

Latest resources

Back