• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citationair recalls all furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. How many Xs do you have and how many more are expected? I thought I read two Xs at the moment. Are the new Xs with winglets, etc. expected in the future?

As of right now (as far as the list avail) There are 7 X's, Just got the first one with winglets ( not sure if thats in the 7 or not)

2. How many XLS+ do you have and how many more expected?

There are 2 XLS+ that I know of today (maybe more) no idea as to expectations. They just awarded 4 + Capts and 4 +F/O's and 2 Supervisor Capt's These guys will be the first trained and will fly all 3 varients of the XL fleet

3. How many CJ4s are you expecting to get? I hear that airplane is awesome from a friend who flies one Part 91

As many as we can ( not smartass Got this exact answer last week) right now one in the works but deal is not done yet so really who knows. As per the XL fleet it will probably be treated as a variant and have pilots bid it's availability.

4. What is the policy for bidding new aircraft - is there a seat-lock if you bid the X as an FO and you currently fly the XLS (as an example)?

When given a new A/C (bid or assigned) you get a 39 month seat lock (this can be lifted if needs arise but pretty much stays with you) After you can bid by seniority into whatever you can hold based on the open bids when they are announced and come available (so if you are the only one who wants a ten and your the bottom guy you can hold it, bid it and get it. Once in you cant be bumped off the equipment) now you got it you also have a 39 month lock. The lock is lifted if you come up to bid as captain then a new lock as captain in that A/C you are awarded.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE FLAMERS ON HERE: This info is the best I got based on my putrid position as Junior F/O I am sure some is wrong but most is right! If nothing is wrong then understand I actually retained something form indoc and the guys in the training center should be very proud as this is no small feat![/QUOTE]

Thanks Rigger. Interesting that CS has already added 7 Xs - that's good news for the CS pilot group.

I think the fact that Netjets passed up on the CJ4 (not sure if it was a serious consideration) and opted for the Phenom 300 was an interesting choice. Perhaps Embraer was willing to cut prices further than Cessna (plus, I hear Embraer took a number of the older Netjets airplanes in trade). I am sure Sokol negotiated very well to drive down unit costs. Still, the CJ3 is very popular and from what I hear the CJ4 is even more capable. Netjet's loss will be Citation Air's gain - I am sure Citation Air can sell a ton of CJ4s as the sole fractional operator.

Aim for nothing and you will hit it every time!

Sad so sad, but as I have said about many pilots many times Give em a million dollars and they will complain about having to carry it themselves......sorry your unable to see good and bad.

Sad so sad, but as I have said about many pilots many times Give em a million dollars and they will complain about having to carry it themselves......sorry your unable to see good and bad.

Oh snap! That was classic!

Good luck to all involved here. Hope it works out for everyone involved.

Latest resources

Back