• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....but not much, and if the difference in staying in business is whether a pilot union exists or not, then I believe you'll agree with me that CA was in rough shape. Considering you don't even have a pilot contract yet (let alone your inability to identify specific costs), any cost to the company so far has been slim at best.

Yes Sir CA is in rough shape today, and has been in rough shape for some time, they had a good new business plan about 1 year ago but for whatever reason abandoned that and went with plane 3...... as for the company expending money they have spent a crap load did they need too that my friend is another story but non the less in the name of getting the u ion off property the company spent hundreds of thousands.....they had 8-10 get to know you hello dinners in MCO over an 8 moth period to quell the union myths...... they also had 5-6 city meetings doing the same thing..... so flights in (private jet) drinks (open Bar) and dinners (steak and shrimp) the spent a fortune....was it a wise use of money....NO!!!!!!! wish they spent oit on other tangible items but hey still money spent on the union...... lawyers spent on the union, mailings spent on the unions, Phone info sessions spent on the the union.......agreed if they did not have to spend the money but they felt like they had no choice but to spend the money.....now money being spent on the contract negotiations in the sense of time of the officers, plane /charter cost for employees time and how do you put a finger on it intangebale costs from the angst the customer feels about the Union....good or bad the customers typically do not trust or like a union at a conmany......I think they have spent anout 2-300K without the real intangible cost yet....this is not good for the bottom line when you are struggling......

BAD MOJO!!!!!!

Wow, 200-300 whole K is enough to sink the ship? Sounds like you should have bailed sooner then. I thought you said you knew how to manage, yet this is the best response you can come up with?

Rigger,
Your old english teacher would cringe if she had to read your posts. Com'on man, at least make some effort to sound educated.

The logic is this, it seems to me, Cessna was on the fence with CA, but was willing to keep trying to make it more profitable. Then the union gets voted in, and Cessna says, "That's it, now we have an additional financial burden which makes CA a bad bet, so lets dump it." That's what I think happened. Sometimes B causes A, when A was close to happening anyway.

If a SCAB sh**s in the woods and there is know one there to hear it, does it still smell like BS?

This guy is fricken priceless. He thinks he can read the minds of corporate boards.

Hey G4 SCAB. Can you guess what I'm thinking right now?

Let me give you a hint... On second thought I won't, because you already know, right?:laugh:

If a SCAB sh**s in the woods and there is know one there to hear it, does it still smell like BS?

This guy is fricken priceless. He thinks he can read the minds of corporate boards.

Hey G4 SCAB. Can you guess what I'm thinking right now?

Let me give you a hint... On second thought I won't, because you already know, right?:laugh:

Your posts make me proud to be on the opposing side.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back