• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd think anyone who puts a minimal amount of rational thought would realize that if companies like NetJets, Flight Options, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, Continental Airlines, US Airways, Alaska Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and the list goes on, can survive the pilots being in a union, and Citation Air couldn't, then Citation Air was in much worse shape than anyone gave them credit for.

Doesn't take much thought to see Southwest is the only one that really has made it work. Netjets is in the crapper and how many of those other 121 carriers have filed chapter 11? Yeah sure, the unions had nothing to do with that......lol.

The numbers are small that believe Citation Air getting out of the fractional business had nothing to do with the union being voted in.....hell, everyone knows unions save companies money. BARF!!!!

This is exactly what I said would happen. We had a great company with management people that took care of us. Now the union comes on board and it is over.

I sincerely hope there is a way for BS to find out who voted for these turds and furlough all of them first. They certainly earned it.

So who, exactly, is responsible for all the companies that failed who didn't have unions?

Interesting, you'll probably tell me bad management, bad business model, the economy, etc.... But any company that has a union that's having trouble, well, it must be the union's fault.

Doesn't take much thought to see Southwest is the only one that really has made it work. Netjets is in the crapper and how many of those other 121 carriers have filed chapter 11? Yeah sure, the unions had nothing to do with that......lol.

The numbers are small that believe Citation Air getting out of the fractional business had nothing to do with the union being voted in.....hell, everyone knows unions save companies money. BARF!!!!

This is exactly what I said would happen. We had a great company with management people that took care of us. Now the union comes on board and it is over.

I sincerely hope there is a way for BS to find out who voted for these turds and furlough all of them first. They certainly earned it.

So what exactly has changed for CA since the union was voted in? Be specific please.

benefits, pay, senior management, business model, asap program, disciplinary procedures, pilot head count. these are most if the changes that have taken place since the vote, hope this answers your question

Netjets is in the crapper and how many of those other 121 carriers have filed chapter 11? Yeah sure, the unions had nothing to do with that......lol..
Not according to our management.... I doubt that management would ever lie :rolleyes: But we'll see whenever the Annual Report comes out....

Is your union not working on a severance package for the soon to be furloughed pilots?
Severance package from IBT 747, dues out of your last pay check which included pay for unused vacation days, Is that the kind of severance package we are talking about? Been there, done that. BTW Still have my membership card and pay stub to remember the good ole days

i think YIP really likes Unions and wishes he flew for one of the fracs.. I mean he's on this forum all the time, comments about companies and Unions he's not remotely a part of. And works in the cargo/charter field not even closely related to the fractional business..

Maybe a mild case of penis envy?

His comments about his union involvement 30 yrs. ago is comparing apples to oranges.... YIP, keep reminiscing about those ...what was the company name?.... Zanoff? days..... That sounds like a Russian freighter.....

Rather be furloughed from NJA with a #, and the thought that atleast I know what it's like to work for a real professional company... Than not have a number or never have made it.... Because even now, when I go to work for the rinky dink 135 I am at, I know that there is better out there. I know there is a company that treated it's employees very well.

I can thank being part of the Union for all of that. Because I know 100% what would have happened if we were non-union when Sokol took over. It reads like this, "say goodbye, you will no longer ever be returning because you have no recall rights because there is no contract". The rest would have been reduced back to pre-2005 wages. Captains would be back to making SIC wages as PIC. Fatigue would have been a thing of the past. Crew meals, hah..... Hotels,, it's La Quintas and Best Westerns for you pilots.... Say goodbye to breakfast.

Last edited:
Solidarity

I'm not a CitationAir pilot, but I've read every word of this thread, and I have been in your shoes. First of all I wish you the very best. You guys are in a very tough situation, and no one can predict the outcome, so don't believe anybody who claims to know how this will end.

If you are tired of being treated as second class citizens, then stand together. Your very best hope for a positive outcome is to work with your union leadership and do as they ask. If you don't agree with their direction, tell them so. Participate. When they ask for volunteers, step up to the plate. Don't show fear (what do you have to lose that's not already on the chopping block?). Don't tolerate weaklings or management suck-ups among your ranks. Your pilot group voted to band together -- just do it,

If you do the above things, you may win, or you may lose, but someday you'll lie on your deathbed with a proud smile on your face because for at least once in your life you did the right thing, stood up to evil, and refused to be treated like a dog.

Latest resources

Back