• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
None of the outcomes in your examples were influenced by having pay cuts or not.

How about USA Jet? When all the Falcon pilots were fired, why didn't they just get pay cuts? Why didn't you do that to keep your pilots employed?

None of the outcomes in your examples were influenced by having pay cuts or not.

How about USA Jet? When all the Falcon pilots were fired, why didn't they just get pay cuts? Why didn't you do that to keep your pilots employed?
they did? got the biggest pay cut you can take. They DA-20 went away, never going to fly them again until they decided to fly them again

So what you're saying is, the decrease in demand was responsible for furloughing pilots. That's pretty much what we've been telling you. Either there is a need for pilots or there isn't; your BS line about the NJA furloughed pilots being let go because the rest wouldn't take a pay cut was, well, BS. I guess being in management, BS is just your style YIP.

From strickly a stick and rudder perspective, yes flying wealthy people (or any people for that matter) trains one to fly "better" than flying boxes....If you have experience flying people, especially wealthy, you know not to bank 45 degrees to final, not to descend at 4000 ft/m.. Not to slam on the brakes and TRs.

I didn't do that when I flew boxes, and the majority of people I flew with didn't either.

With radial engines, or with several million dollars worth of horse flesh standing in stalls unrestrained in the back, that would have been frowned upon.

Good post, actually. However, I am against many things the union does precisely because I worry a LOT about the junior guys. I have been laid off 11 times, and don't want anybody to go through that. I want them to not lose their jobs. Our junior people are really good pilots, good people, and deserve a happy career. I fear an activist union will endanger that. You might disagree with my conclusions, but never doubt my feelings about my colleagues.

I have three questions for you.

1. Do you think the 'junior people' support the union? Not just at your old geewhiz part of the company, but at NetJets at large.

2. Can you honestly say that the Netjets union(sorry, acronym escapes me at the moment) is likely to cause layoffs, such as those clearly caused by management mistakes?

3. Have you made a good faith effort to put forward your arguments, in person, with the union?

Honest answers, please.

Wacoflyr

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back