• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citationair CJ-3's and furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, it wasn't. It was actually very poorly said. He may be correct (I have no idea) but it was written in broken and almost incoherent English. Even for FI.com.

I suck I know, but remember it takes a small mind to only spell and punctuate one way...... Hell I wasn't even drunk! Thank god I'm a pilot!!!!!

The union helped cause this.......I know I was there.......flame on!

The union didn't write owner contracts that were guaranteed to lose money, the company did. When that happens, you lose money. Cessna/Textron's new management does not run companies that can't make money. Game over.

X

Has anyone read one of these bad contracts? there was a formula they used based on a good economy and that meant the sales of new airplanes. That went south with the turn of the economy and a change in Cessna management. The company was sucking serious hind wind at this point. After the crash or recession, what ever you want to call it. Our flying damn near disappeared. We would sit hot reserve for hours along with sixty other crews. Now add the stress of the Obama administration and the Teamsters who was a huge support for his election. That was enough to shoot the final hole in the bottom the this already sinking boat. Well, maybe they did us a favor and just sped up the inevitable. The point is, it's never a good idea to kick the corporate bull in the balls when he's injured. He turned around and gave us his horns. I knew it was bad timing and my vote reflected that but too late.

Last edited:
Has anyone read one of these bad contracts? there was a formula they used based on a good economy and that meant the sales of new airplanes. That went south with the turn of the economy and a change in Cessna management. The company was sucking serious hind wind at this point. After the crash or recession, what ever you want to call it. Our flying damn near disappeared. We would sit hot reserve for hours along with sixty other crews. Now add the stress of the Obama administration and the Teamsters who was a huge support for his election. That was enough to shoot the final hole in the bottom the this already sinking boat. Well, maybe they did us a favor and just sped up the inevitable. The point is, it's never a good idea to kick the corporate bull in the balls when he's injured. He turned around and gave us his horns. I knew it was bad timing and my vote reflected that but too late.

The truth is Cessna sold the CA pilots down the river when they signed a non-compete with NJ as part of a large aircraft order. It had nothing to do with the union.

Ask yourself, why would CA voluntarily announce they were exiting the Fractional market, which was the most profitable part of their operation.

The truth is Cessna sold the CA pilots down the river when they signed a non-compete with NJ as part of a large aircraft order. It had nothing to do with the union.

Ask yourself, why would CA voluntarily announce they were exiting the Fractional market, which was the most profitable part of their operation.

They had massive losses for years.

Also, don't forget that recent research has shown the empirical evidence for globalization of corporate innovation is very limited. And as a corollary, the market for technologies is shrinking.

As a world leader, it is important for America to provide systematic research grants for our scientists. I believe there will always be a need for us to have a well-articulated innovation policy with emphasis on human resource development. Thank you.

Frank

Before they sold us down the river to NJ. We didn't make a fractional sale for something like two years. If we can't sale our product and make money for Cessna why wouldn't they make some kind of deal. My point is, we needed to tread lightly. We'll never know if it would have turned out differently in some way without complicating the situation with the Teamsters. I truly believe they were the straw that broke the camel's back. Well it's definitely water over the dam now. I don't think CA has more then a few months. Just a Damn shame!

Latest resources

Back