• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation vs Bird

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought birds only hit Citations from behind?

:)

What are those four plastic tube like structures in the space behind the leading edge in picture 2?
Seems like that is space where bleed air flows, I was surprised to see anything in a heated space like that.

English said:
I thought birds only hit Citations from behind?

:)

You're confusing a Citation with an ATR. The reason that the ATR's have the pointy rear ends is for aerodynamics. Did you know that ATR's don't have airspeed indicators? Its true, they have calendars instead.

GravityHater said:
What are those four plastic tube like structures in the space behind the leading edge in picture 2?
Seems like that is space where bleed air flows, I was surprised to see anything in a heated space like that.

That's not a heated space on that Citation. This one is an S-II with the TKS anti-ice system.

And none of the Citations ever used wing bleed until the V and that was only inboard. They still have boots outboard.

CJ's I believe use bleed.

GravityHater said:

The wing on the Citation you are looking at is not heated, most of those types of Slow-Tations use rubber de-ice boots but there is an option to install a TKS ' weeping ' wing, glycol anti-ice system.

What you are looking at in the picture is the glycol ' feed ' line to the missing TKS panel, missing as a result of the bird impact.

RS6 only beat me in his reply to this thread because even though we apparently were typing at the same time, mine was the more technically precise answer. ( grins )

RS6 said:
That's not a heated space on that Citation. This one is an S-II with the TKS anti-ice system.

And none of the Citations ever used wing bleed until the V and that was only inboard. They still have boots outboard.

CJ's I believe use bleed.

I thought the inboard on the V was electrically heated, not bleed? Am I wrong?

Latest resources

Back