• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares Pilot Busted Smuggling Drugs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe in AVP. I knew him for 20 years, since he was a fence hanger. I was worried about him the last few weeks, he wasn't returning my phone calls or emails. Now I know.

Please spare the jokes and attacks. It's just sad. He brought a gift to the hospital for my newborn baby a few days after his father died. He was a good hearted guy. The man had a horrible year, his fiance' took him for $50-75,000 about a year ago. His father died rather quickly, if I recall correctly within a month or two of being diagnosed.

All I can say is this, it's quite sad, quite unexpected, and out of left field. Think about it, he had a job that paid him 100k+, then did this? I just don't think he was right after his father died.

Please give it a minute's pause before you insult him.

DashEight,

While I didn't know him, I agree that it's a very sad case. Every time I hear of a promising young person throwing their life away like that, it just makes me feel terrible, even if I don't know them. Hopefully he gets the help that he needs, and is able to move on with his life someday.

dash, well put. I think this subject has been covered enough. He wasn't a bad guy and wish him and his family the best of luck getting through this. He has been through quite a bit in the last year. I'm sure he didn't do this in his normal frame of mind.

A criminal conviction in a court of law is still a ways down the road. He is arrested, yes, but dont count your chickens before they hatch.

I agree with the last post. Someone is innocent until PROVEN guilty. Though it dosent look good, let the facts come out in court.

My best to his family.

I agree with the last post. Someone is innocent until PROVEN guilty.

In a Court of law perhaps, but not in the Court of Flightinfo.com.

He should have learned a thing or two from Charlie don't you know, then those cops wouldn't have come walking back from Copperhead Row.

A guy got busted at my home airport a couple of years ago for flying Blow in a 310.

Rumor has it he was making 150k per trip.

My DEA buddies say that they are lucky if they catch 1 out of every 100 planes that cross the border illegally. Sad...

150K a trip? Are they hiring? Where do I send my resume and what's the interview like?

150K a trip? Are they hiring? Where do I send my resume and what's the interview like?

Thats really, really good money. I wonder if they'd ever let you "quit," though.

Once saw a documentary on a guy who was considered the king of kings when it came to this type of trafficking. The guy had a very well equiped piston twin outfitted with bladders. Supposedly, this guy clocked like millions of dollars and buried it in the earth to conceal it. He did eventually get caught after many many runs.

Thats really, really good money. I wonder if they'd ever let you "quit," though.

Once saw a documentary on a guy who was considered the king of kings when it came to this type of trafficking. The guy had a very well equiped piston twin outfitted with bladders. Supposedly, this guy clocked like millions of dollars and buried it in the earth to conceal it. He did eventually get caught after many many runs.
Is this the guy that would fly non-stop from Colombia to New England in a modified 310. I believe he also flew through a hurricane to lose a citation jet from customs that was riding his tail on one of his runs!

Latest resources

Back