• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares Pilot Busted Smuggling Drugs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was terminated for being a no show at work. The company then found out the reason he was a no show, was because he was arrested.

I knew him personally and it's a big shock and a very sad situation. I can't grasp what made him take such a chance to make some extra money.

He was terminated for being a no show at work. The company then found out the reason he was a no show, was because he was arrested.

I knew him personally and it's a big shock and a very sad situation. I can't grasp what made him take such a chance to make some extra money.

I dont understand.. If he was just arrested monday how could he had already been terminated the week before for being a no show. My understanding from a friend of a friend was that he was on a fmla leave because his father had passed away from cancer.

Does anybody have details of these other charges?

This story just doesnt make sense can somebody shed some more light on this..

And did he get per diem? And hotel? Or did he expense them?

Those are the thing's I'd need to clarify before I ever even thought about doing that kind of flying.

His Dad did pass. It was because his grandmother was sick he requested a leave. The company needed a doctor's note from her doctor, so they could approve the leave. He did not produce the note and took the leave anyway. The company then tried several ways to get a hold of him without any success and then proceeded to terminate him. They then found out he was involved in the smuggling of drugs and was then arrested. So, he was fired before he was arrested, they were unable to find him until he was arrested.

Believe me, everyone who knew Heath would never think in a million years he was capable of such a stupid move. He was always a fun guy to fly with. He flew a real good stick. We are all in shock.

Last edited:
How would they know he was smuggling before he was arrested..

Tidbit of info

Maybe he could not produce the note because his grandmother died like 3 or 4 years ago.. I also heard that he told the plane owner that he was going to buy it. Seller agreed to demo it and he took it on the runs..

Latest resources

Back