• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares hiring question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rumor is that CS is slowing down hiring this year. Any truth from those in the company and if so, why?

Here is what I have heard. CS has gotten rid of the CJ1's and are a bit excess pilots as a result so they are wanting to keep their steady, planned growth and not over hire this year. Still planning to keep their annual hiring averages going.

I have also heard there is a new hire pool? If this is true, how does it work?

I am hoping Sky or someone in the know will be able to answer these questions. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Here is what I know. The CJ1s are gone forever leaving about 14 extra pilots that are being put mostly in the CJ3 and Sovereign programs. According to the new pilot recruiter there are roughly 10-15 guys in the new hire pool. Guess they don't have new hire pools in the military so I will explain. People they want to hire but don't currently have a spot for are placed in the pool and are called as class dates become available. This can be a few weeks or in the case of SWA and other majors several months. They are planning on needing less than 20 new hires the rest of the year so I imagine those in the pool are just about all that will be needed for the rest of this year. That is why they are only hiring into 8 bases because the DO said we don't need many guys so we might as well focus the hiring into the big bases. There are a few Bravos and even an XL on the market as well so I think the net aircraft growth this year will be maybe 3 or 4. Hope this helps.

i just heard about 40 more new hires for this year. I guess it depends on how many airplanes they sell, etc...

i just heard about 40 more new hires for this year. I guess it depends on how many airplanes they sell, etc...

Where did you hear this? The man hired to do the pilot hiring has told me over the phone only about 20 more this year and the creation of a pool? Has something changed since our conversation last week? This would be good news if true.

Where did you hear this? The man hired to do the pilot hiring has told me over the phone only about 20 more this year and the creation of a pool? Has something changed since our conversation last week? This would be good news if true.

Yeah I hope so. I talked to GG last week and he said about 20 more the rest of the year.

Latest resources

Back