CitaionShares Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

merlindrvr88

How is the upgrade and QOL at CitationShares, I have to decide, and I would like some real world answers. Thanks.

Company claimed upgrade 2 years. With people leaving in droves this may go down who knows. Dont buy the 7 on 7 off. 8 on 6 off is VERY common. Go home days frequently 20 hours...they do not consider travel into the 14 hour day like NJ does. You are exhausted after flying for 7 days and then putting in a day like this. It is only a matter of time before some guy kills himself on the way home. The drive home from the airport is probably the most dangerous drive you will ever make!

With no seniority it is a big time good ole boy network not performance based as they try to make you beleive.

This and a multitude of other issues like vacation( 5 years to get 2 weeks...first year 2 weeks at NJ) makes CS ripe for union representation. It will be messy and unpleasent while it is going on but they have brought it on themselves by being out of touch with the line pilots.

The pilot pay scale after 5 years service does not even come close to inflation. They reward longevity with essentially a yearly pay cut as a result.

I would suggest reading the NJ contract which is on the internet. At least you will know what CS is giving you in comparison to the market.

There may be an open door policy but whether the ears and minds inside that door are open is in question. And with a "fire at will" HR policy(on the first paragraph in your welcome to CS letter), most guys are nervous about talking to management anyway for fear of reprisals which are a reality.

Hope this helps.

Company claimed upgrade 2 years. With people leaving in droves this may go down who knows. Dont buy the 7 on 7 off. 8 on 6 off is VERY common. Go home days frequently 20 hours...they do not consider travel into the 14 hour day like NJ does. You are exhausted after flying for 7 days and then putting in a day like this. It is only a matter of time before some guy kills himself on the way home. The drive home from the airport is probably the most dangerous drive you will ever make!

With no seniority it is a big time good ole boy network not performance based as they try to make you beleive.

This and a multitude of other issues like vacation( 5 years to get 2 weeks...first year 2 weeks at NJ) makes CS ripe for union representation. It will be messy and unpleasent while it is going on but they have brought it on themselves by being out of touch with the line pilots.

The pilot pay scale after 5 years service does not even come close to inflation. They reward longevity with essentially a yearly pay cut as a result.

I would suggest reading the NJ contract which is on the internet. At least you will know what CS is giving you in comparison to the market.

There may be an open door policy but whether the ears and minds inside that door are open is in question. And with a "fire at will" HR policy(on the first paragraph in your welcome to CS letter), most guys are nervous about talking to management anyway for fear of reprisals which are a reality.

Hope this helps.

Disgruntled arent we. Grumbling of another panzy-azz primadonna. U think a union will make it better, are you kidding me! Where did you work before that makes you think you have it so bad at shares? Ya know the sad thing is u dont know how good u have it right now even with these problems.

Remember, its 50 percent aptitude, 50 percent attitude that determines your success. My impression: you get an F in the attitude area, and u probably are hurtin in the stick and rudder department too. Could just be a little dik complex. Whatever, i feel sorry for ya, abcd1234.

Dear SafetyCheck,

Appreciate your sympathy but none is required. I am just fine. Judging from your acerbic and well worded response I would guess you to be highly educated and very talented. I am sure that CS does not hire any bad sticks and as far as "little diks" goes perhaps you know better than I.

Hey 1234abcd,

It looks to me that Safetycheck is the president of the good old boys club over at CS. They do not like it when you tell them the truth do they? Keep those rose colored glasses on at all times!

Hey 1234

In a four year period you will receive a $51,000 raise. Would you still be b!thching if the raise was lets say $151,000?
How about if instead of working 175 days a year we only worked 75 days? Maybe we could bumb up the 10k in per deim.
These are only a few ideas to help you find you happy place in life.

Being extended on day 7 really sucks. There's just nothing worse than getting rested in the hotel, put on the first flight home, and earning an extra$600-$700

Last edited:
A strong union really fixed Comair right up.

What would cause CS to fade and NJ to stand strong?
You may want to adjust your expectations if you think your strong union will keep your company from fading away in a couple of years.

Latest resources

Back