CitaionShares Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like this will be a very healthy rivalry

The ex shares owners that we're acquiring.

I've flown one owner who left Netjets and one who chose CS over Netjets in the last couple tours. I've flown a few who own shares with both companies. There may be more; these were just very conversational people who shared with me there experiences. My point is that it works both ways; don't be naive.

I've flown one owner who left Netjets and one who chose CS over Netjets in the last couple tours. I've flown a few who own shares with both companies. There may be more; these were just very conversational people who shared with me there experiences. My point is that it works both ways; don't be naive.

Very true. Different strokes for different folks.

Personally, I like the competition between NetJets, Citation Shares, Flexjet, Flight Options, and all the other fractional gigs. I think it forces us all to provide a better service to the owners, who tell their other wealthy friends to buy into a share on a jet. It is a good thing for all of us.

Nothing feeds invention like healthy competition.

Having said that, I hope most of them come to NetJets.;)

Good post fischman.
NJABOUND are you taking notes on these last few posts?

Holy Crap! A sensible post?? I'm gonna have to go to sleep and see if I just dreamed this...

How is the upgrade and QOL at CitationShares, I have to decide, and I would like some real world answers. Thanks.

Now that everybody has vented, the answer that you sought. They are telling folks 2 years. When I was hired they told me 12-15 months. With very few exceptions, they have kept their promise. I upgraded right at a year. It is true that we are losing some people. We lose people every year. I don't know if it is higher now or not. The airlines are hiring and recalling. All fractionals are going to lose people as a result. From my experiance, if they tell you two years, count on two years. If they need you sooner they will probably upgrade you sooner. I can tell you that they have kept to their promise on the time frame they told folks. I honestly don't think they will promise you something to get you to take the job.

This was the only company that I have ever worked at that, even after delivery schedules were slowed a little, they still upgraded guys/gals in the original time frame told because they said that they would. They kept their word even if it made them a little heavy on Captains. Take it or leave it, they keep their word.

Cheers!

Company claimed upgrade 2 years. With people leaving in droves this may go down who knows. Dont buy the 7 on 7 off. 8 on 6 off is VERY common. Go home days frequently 20 hours...they do not consider travel into the 14 hour day like NJ does. You are exhausted after flying for 7 days and then putting in a day like this. It is only a matter of time before some guy kills himself on the way home. The drive home from the airport is probably the most dangerous drive you will ever make!

With no seniority it is a big time good ole boy network not performance based as they try to make you beleive.

This and a multitude of other issues like vacation( 5 years to get 2 weeks...first year 2 weeks at NJ) makes CS ripe for union representation. It will be messy and unpleasent while it is going on but they have brought it on themselves by being out of touch with the line pilots.

The pilot pay scale after 5 years service does not even come close to inflation. They reward longevity with essentially a yearly pay cut as a result.

I would suggest reading the NJ contract which is on the internet. At least you will know what CS is giving you in comparison to the market.

There may be an open door policy but whether the ears and minds inside that door are open is in question. And with a "fire at will" HR policy(on the first paragraph in your welcome to CS letter), most guys are nervous about talking to management anyway for fear of reprisals which are a reality.

Hope this helps.

The above post is not far from the mark....except for the union comments.

I still don't understand the positives nor the negatives of a union since I have never been in one.

Hoping company reads the NJA contract and makes adjustments accordingly.

As far as upgrading "as promised" goes.....let me know how ya feel in 4-8 yrs.

All in all not a bad company to work for ....just somethings could be better.

Hope this helps ya.

A Union will Help Everyone

I will keep this short, I hate reading long posts.

A Union will help everyone... it'll help the employee by not allowing the company to take advantage of them. (20 hour days)
It'll help the customer by enhancing safety.
It'll help the fractional industry as a whole, through Pilot Unity we can accomplish more on QOL issues.

Someone who disagrees with this please tell me how I am wrong.

Latest resources

Back