CHQ to get 190's in exchange to let MDA fly 170's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
House_X said:
What's even more B.S. is that a 3rd year Avro Captain at XJ makes $63/hr.
MDA E170 3rd year CA makes $63/hr as well. CHQ 3rd year CA on the E170 is $62/ hr.

And you guys are ripping on "bottom feeders"...

Glass houses dudes....

Pretty interesting post concidering nowhere did I rip on CHQ payrates.....or call CHQ bottomfeeders. But since you brought it up. Glass houses huh? Funny....I fly for AWAC smart guy so I have no idea why you would quote XJ rates.....I see you somehow omitted our 146 rates+contract provisions........oh yeah so since you were picking random airlines where are CMR's 70 seat rates. I guess you made an assumtion......just like you assume that my post wishing the people that orig signed on to this MDA cra.p well somehow has to do with an attack on CHQ. I'll try this once again.....good luck MDA guys.

House X......next time you attempt to make a point by quoting one of my posts, perhaps you should try reading it first.

By the way I fail to see where payrates negotiated by CHQ and are being paid by CHQ, and payrates that were negotiated by XJ and are being paid by XJ are somehow "MORE B/S" then being kicked out on the street and watching your job, all the planes you have, as well as planes that were supposed to come in the future go somewhere else.........

AD.

Last edited:
Biatch5 said:
From what my buddy told me at CHQ everyone on the union board is saying NO and so far it has had about 200 replies for NO not one YES on there.
relax yalll

This is true. The Majority of the pilots I know here at CHQ don't want the E190's. We look forward to hopefully flying them on day for a mainline. The Union site defiantly stress' for the Capts and FO's to educate the other pilots who want to hop in the big E190. We're doing our best to keep them away from the property. As far a Management goes, I have no clue what is happening behind the secne. The only information we get on a regular bases is from BB every Friday. A lot of us are trying here and we feel your frustration.

Biatch5 said:
From what my buddy told me at CHQ everyone on the union board is saying NO and so far it has had about 200 replies for NO not one YES on there. also people want all grievances to be settled and to abide by the contract before giving an inch.

relax yalll

Its easy to Put "I VOTE NO, NO, NO, NO!!!" when you are hiding behind a screen name. When you actually have to put it on paper, thats a whole other issue. These planes will be flown at the regional level, unless by some miracle, ALPA can pull a rabbit out of their monkey lovin pie holes. So can you honestly tell me that a CHQ pilot is gonna vote to have them flown by another regional, only to have to see them every time they pass through a hub.
Cmon

What it comes down to is that, as stated above, the majority of the pilots here don't necessarily want the 190's(which are just a possible future provision in the J4J amendmet which has yet been voted on), but the reality of the situation is that management does. In my uneducated opinion, what shareholders want shareholders get.

It may seem that the situation is that if CHQ/REP pilot group, understandably, doesn't want the new J4J agreement, then long term 190 growth would go to any other airline that would. If the regional growth isn't at CHQ then we know where it goes. Absolutely no disprect towards those guys and gals but you protect your own...I only worry about my own pilot group.

Mainline relaxed scope and these decisions fell into our lap. We didn't want to deal with "mainline" size aircraft but we are forced to. Whatever decision the pilot group makes is based on facts provided by our own union and the information in the J4J packets...not "shiny airplane syndrome" or retoric found on websites.

Five years from now we'll see how this unfolded.

Also. any CHQ/Shuttle/REP pilot who hasn't gotten access to the Teamsters 747 website please, contact the local and log in as soon as possible. All of the valid information can be found there.

Last edited:
Cracker said:
What it comes down to is that, as stated above, the majority of the pilots here don't necessarily want the 190's(which are just a possible future provision in the J4J amendmet which has yet been voted on), but the reality of the situation is that management does. In my uneducated opinion, what shareholders want shareholders get.

It may seem that the situation is that if CHQ/REP pilot group, understandably, doesn't want the new J4J agreement, then long term 190 growth would go to any other airline that would. If the regional growth isn't at CHQ then we know where it goes. Absolutely no disprect towards those guys and gals but you protect your own...I only worry about my own pilot group.

Mainline relaxed scope and these decisions fell into our lap. We didn't want to deal with "mainline" size aircraft but we are forced to. Whatever decision the pilot group makes is based on facts provided by our own union and the information in the J4J packets...not "shiny airplane syndrome" or retoric found on websites.

Five years from now we'll see how this unfolded.

Also. any CHQ/Shuttle/REP pilot who hasn't gotten access to the Teamsters 747 website please, contact the local and log in as soon as possible. All of the valid information can be found there.

Speaking of the union website: I was hired in the beginning of June and still can't access the union site. E-mailed the moderator too and still nothing. It says my account is still not approved. Any advice as to how I can gain access?

Cracker said:
In my uneducated opinion, what shareholders want shareholders get.

Translation:

We'll say publicly on the web boards that we don't want the 190's, but really we're not going to do anything about it.

Cracker said:
In my uneducated opinion, what shareholders want shareholders get.

This is true. More profits are more profits. For some reason pilots have slipped into some type of thinking where if we don't take it in the shorts, the company will somehow not operate at a profit when it comes to getting more planes.

Do you think that if Skywest pilots wouldn't have agreed to 50 seat rates for 50-100 seaters that they wouldn't have been able to make money flying them?

Bullsh.it! Skywest wanted these airplanes no matter what and I'm sure would have dipped into their precious profits if they had to in order to get them, they didn't have to, the pilots offered to subsidize those profits instead......who won? I guess you can say both....could the pilots came out farther ahead? We'll never know.

Non W.O. companies need to realize that your mgmts want these airplanes more than you do. They equal more money plain and simple, they will take that as well as anything you are willing to give up and you will still jump around and cheer when the airplanes come your way.

AD

Latest resources

Back