CHQ Pilots??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greygoose

I'm new to the Regional concept, and am thinking about throwing my flag in on the freight side and going to CHQ. I am curious on a few questions, currently I am living in GA and am seeing the closest domicile is in Nashville. Is there any restrictions on how far away you can comute to your domicile? Are you assigned a domicile initially or are you given the option? Does your runs start and stop at your domiciles all the time, if not what happens? I know the idea of pay per hour and perdiem, but on average can a new hire look at making the first year?

greygoose said:
I'm new to the Regional concept, and am thinking about throwing my flag in on the freight side and going to CHQ. I am curious on a few questions, currently I am living in GA and am seeing the closest domicile is in Nashville. Is there any restrictions on how far away you can comute to your domicile? Are you assigned a domicile initially or are you given the option? Does your runs start and stop at your domiciles all the time, if not what happens? I know the idea of pay per hour and perdiem, but on average can a new hire look at making the first year?

Live in Georgia too and the commute to IND is very easy! Do not have to compete with a lot of people or pilots to IND or back to ATL.

Trips start and end at your base.

21.52 an hour for 1st year for all jets ( i know it sucks) and 1.50 per diem.

CHQ is growing so get your name in the hat asap!

Good Luck!

greygoose said:
I am curious on a few questions, currently I am living in GA and am seeing the closest domicile is in Nashville.

There was a Nashville base about 15 years ago, but that is long gone. I don't know where you got that information. Don't commute to Orlando, flights are always full. Many direct flights out of ATL to Louisville, Indianapolis, and Columbus. They don't care where you live just as long as you show up for work on time. We now have a commuter clause, although its not a very good one.

OR - here's a novel idea - you could apply to a company that you might actually be proud to tell people you work for.

But then again, you might not be able to fly those big shiny Embraers for $34 an hour.

pwesterb2000 said:
OR - here's a novel idea - you could apply to a company that you might actually be proud to tell people you work for.

But then again, you might not be able to fly those big shiny Embraers for $34 an hour.

I'm proud to tell people I fly for CHQ. Who did you fly the 1900 for?

pwesterb2000 said:

I suppose you're pulling down what, $70,000 + ??? Anyone that goes to work anywhere and does anything to make anyone but themselves proud is an idiot... Period. Why don't you worry about where you work and let everyone else worry about where they work ? Sounds like a novel idea to me. :rolleyes:

aewanabe said:
I'm proud to tell people I fly for CHQ. Who did you fly the 1900 for?

A company I wasn't proud to say I worked for :) Turning down the quick upgrade and instead having a good contract and good quality of life was the best decision I've made to date.

I'm more than proud to be here. Despite the wealth and accuracy of information on my company that can be found here on the forums at flightinfo.com, I go flying and find myself sitting next to some truly stand up people, and life is good.

This is a wonderful company that is going though some of the growing pains that any company would have when going from a 300 pilot airline to a nearly 1400 pilot airline in a matter of 5-6 years.

In the meantime, I made some decisions when I set out to be employed at a 121 carrier, and CHQ was the best for me hands down. I have held a line since day 1...well day 3 if you want to count the 2 days I was on reserve. 18 days off my first month. 16 avg. Lots of diversity. Good bases. Different equipment etc... I love going to "work" here at Republishuttlequa.

Cape Air had it right. MOCHA HAGTDI. That pretty much sums up how it is here, at least for me.

BUT HEY....congrats to pwesterb2000, he chose a company that would keep him in with the COOL crowd on flightinfo.com If it was QOL that he chose it for, he would surely understand every other person's choice in doing so as well.

I've got some news for you. When you're taxiing around and you transmit with 'Air Shuttle' or 'Comair', or 'Chautauqua', or 'Jetlink' etc... Most people don't roll into some race to the bottom rant and start waving around their personal blacklist. I'm happy to say a majority of crews out there don't have the audacity &/or lack of brain cells to stereotype an entire pilot group when they're out workin' for the man.

They just don't care.

So get a life, because I think you're pathetic. And I hope to God you don't care.

T-hawk

Last edited:
For the 170, initial training wasn't tough (my opinion)

Indoc was in IND and it was 1 1/2 weeks

Systems Training was in STL and was 3 weeks long.....Test at the end was open book Computer Base Training (CBT) on majority of systems of 170

Sim Training was in Montreal and that lasted 1 1/2 weeks. Overall I the flying wasn't the toughest part for me...the toughest part was the FMS training. At the time, didn't have any real training in it. Yeah we went over it in systems but majority of it went in 1 er and out the other b/c I didn't have an FMS in front of me to dilly dally around with. While your in systems training in STL, you'll receive info about limitaions, memory items, profiles...know them cold before montreal. Your oral will be the limitations/memoryitems/some profiles/and basic understanding of the panels on the aircraft

Once I got into the sim, I used it as much as I could to get familiar with it.

Overall! Indoc was very well explained! Great instructors!

Systems training was excellent. Flight Safety Instructors were a lot of help and did a great job explaining the systems.

Sim flying was a lot of fun also. Enjoyed the other First Officers who were in my class. We all helped eachother out. Systems training was when you were paired up with your sim captain. The captains in my systems class were a great help also. I came from an aviation background where I was not being appreciated and was being used. Joining CHQ, in my opinion, was joining a outgoing, friendly family. I've enjoyed CHQ from day 1! No B.S.

Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back