CHQ Pilots??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB170Pilot said:
For the 170, initial training wasn't tough (my opinion)

Indoc was in IND and it was 1 1/2 weeks

Systems Training was in STL and was 3 weeks long.....Test at the end was open book Computer Base Training (CBT) on majority of systems of 170

Sim Training was in Montreal and that lasted 1 1/2 weeks. Overall I the flying wasn't the toughest part for me...the toughest part was the FMS training. At the time, didn't have any real training in it. Yeah we went over it in systems but majority of it went in 1 er and out the other b/c I didn't have an FMS in front of me to dilly dally around with. While your in systems training in STL, you'll receive info about limitaions, memory items, profiles...know them cold before montreal. Your oral will be the limitations/memoryitems/some profiles/and basic understanding of the panels on the aircraft

Once I got into the sim, I used it as much as I could to get familiar with it.

Overall! Indoc was very well explained! Great instructors!

Systems training was excellent. Flight Safety Instructors were a lot of help and did a great job explaining the systems.

Sim flying was a lot of fun also. Enjoyed the other First Officers who were in my class. We all helped eachother out. Systems training was when you were paired up with your sim captain. The captains in my systems class were a great help also. I came from an aviation background where I was not being appreciated and was being used. Joining CHQ, in my opinion, was joining a outgoing, friendly family. I've enjoyed CHQ from day 1! No B.S.

Good Luck!

I agree. The E170 training was top notch with no BSing!
The systems are easy and INDOC was super easy because I was coming from a previous 121. Most INDOCs are pretty much the same.

The Oral was simple if you paid attention in class. I was asked 2 Memory items ( Abnormal Start and Cabin HI) and 5 to 7 Limitations. ( Flap Speeds and ITT's ETC.) The majority of the Oral had to do with the Overhead Panel. That is where the Examiner goes through all the systems.
The sim was easy too. Just KNOW the profiles; if you don't, they will send you home.
The Checkride was the most straight Forward checkride I've ever taken. They're no surprises on the Checkride. All of the FSI staff want to see you do well.

So how about the contract? What are the min days off on reserve? How about with a line? How many days off do the lines usually have?
Do you have out and backs from ORD or is it 3-4 day trips?
Is there a commuter clause?

Thanks in Advance.

Weasil said:
What are the min days off on reserve?

11, I mean it, no junior manning

Weasil said:
How about with a line? How many days off do the lines usually have?

12, but you are more likely to see 16 or so

Weasil said:
Do you have out and backs from ORD or is it 3-4 day trips?

dunno on this one

Weasil said:
Is there a commuter clause?

yes

Last edited:
Since we have a base inb ORD now on the 170 for the United sie...trips start and end at your base

So, yes their are out and backs

also 3 and 4 days trips from ORD

As the schedule grows and more 170s a comin..Im sure more and more out and backs will eb available

I have been getting 14-16 days off a month since I started in December. Held a line right after IOE

See Ya!

Latest resources

Back