psysix

From CHQ lounge post.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]MatthewAMEL[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Champion of the Obscure[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Registered: Dec 2004
Domicile: MCO
Equipment: EMB
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Instead of 69 145XR's, I am sure we could offer them 35 EMB-170's!
biggrin.gif

That would make us VERY happy.
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]
posticonnew.gif
12-28-2005 01:48 PM
[/FONT]

I think a part of the problem is that most young pilots go into regionals with the sole view that it is only going to be a stepping stone. So, the view is that the time spent there will be temporary.

What's the goal? Get as much PIC time as quick as possible, and then BAIL out to a major airline.

So, it seems that more and more regionals are "accepting" lower pay for "growth."

That's the problem.

Young guys realize it's only a stepping stone, and are sadly willing to take extremely low pay with the hope that they will upgrade faster, since fleet is expanding (whoever gets the right to operate the 69 ERJs).

Just my 2 cents, I think everyone should go into a regional with a view that it might be a career airline, rather than just a stepping stone.

That way, you won't be so quick to sell yourself out.

Here, fishy, fishy...

I call BS. The TOOL (in the literal sense of the word) threadstarter twisted the context to make spectacular headlines. He should be working for CNN as an "aviation expert" or for either of the political parties as a press secretary. Maybe Weekly World News is hiring writers.

Here is a reply to the aforementioned post. Copied from the same thread, next post, matter of fact.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]MatthewAMEL said, "That would make us VERY happy."

I find this to be absolutely disgusting.

Is your rapid upgrade worth that much more than the careers of 500+ of our fellow airline pilots?

Let me be perfectly clear. There is NOTHING about the loss of 69 airplanes (and the associated furloughs) that would make me happy. NONE of us should wish to prosper from job-losses at another airline...
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
Interesting that our esteemed threadstarter left that out. Didn't fit the agenda so it is ignored.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Yellow Journalism at its finest.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Ride Orange said:
All I could see is a polar bear slipping on ice.
That's his avatar, to my knowledge there's no way to link into their forum because you must register in order to see inside (free, but the programming won't allow inside linking).

The post on the lounge brings up a question - how many a/c does Xjet have on property? The same guy that wants the Xjet flying was saying that the aircraft CAL wants to pull aren't even on Xjet property or staffed yet.

When I talked to my bud over there, he was saying all of the 274 are on property (or will be shortly), and that Xjet is staffed (or will be shortly) for that many. If not, then furloughs were be considerably less.

For the record, the other people on there are pissed at him for being "happy"...

~wheelsup

Here is a link to the post, if you register there you can view it:
http://forums.chqlounge.com/showthread.php?kw=aviation-pilots-flying&s=&threadid=2804&

And no I don't work for Chautauqua.

Last edited:
psysix said:
From CHQ lounge post.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]MatthewAMEL[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Champion of the Obscure[/FONT]
http://forums.chqlounge.com/avatar.php?userid=1900&dateline=1106926916 [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Registered: Dec 2004
Domicile: MCO
Equipment: EMB
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Instead of 69 145XR's, I am sure we could offer them 35 EMB-170's! http://forums.chqlounge.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

That would make us VERY happy.
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]http://forums.chqlounge.com/images/posticonnew.gif 12-28-2005 01:48 PM[/FONT]

Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoeeeeeeeeheeeeoice greatly!

You guys need to clear out and move on if you cant take the hea in the kitchen. I'm willing to make a career at a regional. 60-70K a year is not so bad. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez.

I wannan fly a jet already.
Cant wait.

Go find other work if you dont like the pay and let low timers like me get a chance. I'll work for low pay for a few yrs then upgrade and make decent money. no problemo.

Im in my 30's and you young bucks dont know what youve got until you lose it.

ARF III

Latest resources

Back