• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ or XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJT is great for quality of life issues. (One of the best contracts in the industry, although I'll never admit that to you BluDev...) :p But the money will stink for a while (just due to being an F/O for longer, not meant as a slam on the contract, as I voted yes when I was there...). CHQ will open more doors down the road. Chase the faster upgrade. Quicker upgrade= more money. Bigger planes, spread out over several customers=some stability. Although, 100% Stability anywhere in this business is just an illusion...

If you're looking for a place to spend a career, go to XJT. If you're looking for quick PIC time and to move on to bigger and better, go to CHQ...

If it were me I'd go with whichever one didn't require a commute or had a base you'd enjoy moving to. Which one did you get the best first impression of while at the interview? Good luck.

Yea, ill be commuting from lexington with either company so that really isnt an issue. When I interviewed with chq, they mentioned breifly the fact that republic and shuttle are also the same company. Can someone explain how they're all the same company but then again they're different at the same time. Thats the thing thats kind of weird to me whereas xjet is solid with continental and makes a good profit. Also, while were on the subject, just curious why everyone is mad at the 170s at chq? i thought 70 seats was already common at other regionals with the crj700? can anyone shed some light on that?

CapnVegetto said:
Pretty hot chicks though. I wonder what they're doing with that DORK!!!!!!!

FWIW, this guy used to be an instructor at the flight school I work at. He worked his tail off networking and flying to get where he is. Word on the street is he's also an excellent pilot. I know him, and he's actually a pretty cool guy, who's really excited about flying, including getting an airline job. So he made a website about what he loves doing. I think if you guys don't understand that love and excitement for flying, then you're in this job for the wrong reasons. Weren't we all once that young kid who stood behind the airport fence, watching airplanes take off and land, wishing it was us? I know I was, and that's why I'm doing this for a career. And, as for the hot chicks with the dork comment...........this guy hangs out with and dates some of the best looking girls I've seen, get over the dork comments.

I got into this business to make a good living in a comfortable career. I love flying, and that is what initially got me interested in this career. However, regardless of how good of a pilot this guy is, or how much he loves his job, he is still a DORK. Anyone who makes a website like that one, is a DORK. We have a pilot at our company who had a blog about his flying. Very nice guy, excellent person, but he is also a DORK!! You know who you are, MS!!! :p

box

UZAInstructor said:
Weren't we all once that young kid who stood behind the airport fence, watching airplanes take off and land, wishing it was us? I know I was, and that's why I'm doing this for a career.
Sure...but I didn't broadcast myself all over the internet like a goon.

boxjockey said:
We have a pilot at our company who had a blog about his flying. Very nice guy, excellent person, but he is also a DORK!! You know who you are, MS!!! :p
His was far more tamed though. I mean, writing an article with a picture of yourself to put on a website for those who are interested in the occupation is one thing, but this guy's entire website was about nothing but himself. I mean...give me a break.

i am sure niether of those girls are 18, very cute to take your little sister flying. Now send her my way.

OK he defintely lovesw flying but what qualifies him as a dork?

Is it the pictures of him hangin out with all of his boys?
Is it the pictures of him hangin out with more tail than most on this board have seen in a lifetime?

Seems to me he's about as far from a dork as you can get. The only dork is the one who searches for this stuff to slander people.

i'mbatman said:
OK he defintely lovesw flying but what qualifies him as a dork?

Is it the pictures of him hangin out with all of his boys?
Is it the pictures of him hangin out with more tail than most on this board have seen in a lifetime?

Seems to me he's about as far from a dork as you can get. The only dork is the one who searches for this stuff to slander people.
No, broadcasting them all over the net is what makes him the dork.

Latest resources

Back