• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ or XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJT has a better contract hands down. But I don't think there will be much movement here in another 6-9 months. We will be through expanding. Done, finished. Unless we get some other deal. Plus our contract with CAL is up for renegotiations. If it goes good, things stay the same. We can only get a very few more a/c at XJT. This is tied to CAL's scope and how many mainline a/c they get. If they don't get any we cannot grow. Now if it goes bad.....see Air Wisconsin, Indy air, Comair, ect ect. If I were a betting man I'd say things have a better chance of goind downhill here than at Shaniqua. They may have pi$s-ant management and fly a/c for free but there may be some growth and stability.

What aircraft would you start in at CHQ? Would you qualify for the E170?

I think you win either way. I still think COEX is the safer bet and probably a better-run operation, but if you could either fly the E170 or have a quick upgrade time in the E145 at CHQ, then you would have a tougher decision. My $0.02. Let us know which you choose.

I've worked at both. XJT in 2001 (furloughed) hired at CHQ in 2002. Both are excellent places to work. For me though, the money is on CHQ. The money is basically the same, the QOL (for me) is better at CHQ. I guess the best way to put this is, when I was at XJT i was one of the most junior reserve ATR fo's. McPickle was one of the most senior ATR captains. I am now preparing for my Continental interview which is coming up. XJT guys got the flow thru stuff taken away from then, and now have little hope of going to CAL. (I do not know if McPickle is able to flow thru). The movement at XJT will be NIL as soon as the last of the jets get delivered. CHQ still has many planes (170's) on order. Obviously this is subject to change at a moments notice, but I think you will move up quicker at CHQ. All this being said I did work under the old XJT contract, so things are surely better there now than when i was there. If you live in Lexington you have the possibility of being based in SDF for CHQ. We have many guys that do that.

Good luck

What difference would that make? Pay rates are the same

A little missleading. The F/O pay rates are the same, not captain. Your statement is correct for 50% of the pilot group.

A little missleading. The F/O pay rates are the same, not captain. Your statement is correct for 50% of the pilot group

Right, but we're talking about a newhire. What incentive would they have to go to the 170 since the pay is the same? Better bases or QOL? I honestly don't know.

I am now preparing for my Continental interview which is coming up.

Congrats and good luck. I can see some our senior captains' hair on fire and heads exploding when they see things like this. Just kinda funny to me.

mckpickle said:
XJT has a better contract hands down. But I don't think there will be much movement here in another 6-9 months. We will be through expanding. Done, finished. Unless we get some other deal. Plus our contract with CAL is up for renegotiations. If it goes good, things stay the same.quote]

I agree with your statement however do not forget that when the last of the original flow throughs go over to CAL that there is a to be determined preferential interview for CAL (in the CAL pilot's concessionary contract I believe). With that being said the specifics have not been specified and it may be nothing beneficial but it might keep movement steady. The truth is we just don't know yet. My money is on them screwing us but that's my feeling with no proof other than past trends. We'll see.

TNPILOT said:
mckpickle said:
XJT has a better contract hands down. But I don't think there will be much movement here in another 6-9 months. We will be through expanding. Done, finished. Unless we get some other deal. Plus our contract with CAL is up for renegotiations. If it goes good, things stay the same.quote]

I agree with your statement however do not forget that when the last of the original flow throughs go over to CAL that there is a to be determined preferential interview for CAL (in the CAL pilot's concessionary contract I believe). With that being said the specifics have not been specified and it may be nothing beneficial but it might keep movement steady. The truth is we just don't know yet. My money is on them screwing us but that's my feeling with no proof other than past trends. We'll see.

Let me share a little something I've learned in the almost 9 years here. If you count on the CAL pilots/union to step up to the plate and do anything for you.......you'll be waiting a long time. That was one of the biggest reason I didn't go to CAL. I felt so disrespected that the IAH chief pilots son was placed in class prior to me, when I interviewed and was offered a Job 2 years prior. F cal.

Latest resources

Back