• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ or XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will you PLEASE run for President?? It seems to me that you have ALL the answers... oh and by the way CHQ could go Tango Uniform like the drop of a hat! You say "no matter what anybody tells you about contracts and QOL, you come to regional for the upgrade" Yeah... who cares about QOL?? and who the hell cares about your contract? Please send me what your smoking :)

nimtz said:
CHQ and it's a no brainer. At a regional it's all about where you will fall on the seniority list after two years. XJT is a fine place to work, but far too many seemed to have settled on this place as *snicker* a career job. Translation for you at the bottom is XJT=Eagle.

XJT has absolutely nothing in place to grow the airline any further. Additionally it appears XJT is heading towards fun and games in trying to keep our exclusivity contract with CAL in '07. Only problem is the economics of the 50 seater have been thrown in the toliet.

CHQ on the other hand will benefit from the 170 program. Not necessarily good news for the profession as a whole, but it appears the floodgates have sprung for the 70+ seaters. I expect CHQ to get more 70+ seat flying in the year ahead. No matter what anybody tells you about contracts and QOL you come to a regional for the upgrade, both for the PIC and the fact that captain pays a liveable wage. Quite frankly I thought of leaving XJT after 9/11 for CHQ, but decided the lateral move wasn't worth the risk. Wish I would of taken the other option in retrospect.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Yeah, you're right. Who cares about the pay, whats important is that you can fly a 70 seater and will probably upgrade quicker. We all know that as soon as you hit that 1000 turbine PIC all of the majors like Delta, United, and US Airways will be banging your door down to hire you. Especially if that PIC is in the almighty 170, since it looks cool just like an airbus! I mean, even if the majors don't call, at least you'll be a cool and well paid E-Jet pilot. :rolleyes:
Ah yes in SkyBoy and XJETDriver we the see the naive, cocky XJT pilot who believes his company to be unquestionably the best. Not to unlike the "100/hour for 5 year captain" crowd we had around here a few years ago. One has to be insane to turn down Express for anybody! It's nice to live in that reality. I know cause I was in it my first year, but then logic enters the equation.

The 70 seat issue is a moot point for a newcomer. They are most likely going to be stuck flying these airplanes for sh!t wages. Not to different from the reality I was given with 50 seaters. Unfortunately for all of us the horse was long ago let out of the barn.

Let me ask you kids something, how much time have you spent in the right seat? Come back and talk to me after 4.5 years then tell me if you still have the rose colored glasses. The COEX cockiness will wear off in due time once you actually stop to think about it. If you want to believe otherwise, enjoy being a fool I guess.

Take a look at kntrdr's post. He was well junior to me at XJT when furloughed. Four years later he's got a CAL interview and I've got 3500 hours of SIC time. He's had captain pay for two years, I've had it for six months. Well at least I have my slightly superior contract/QOL. Oh and I get to look down on any CHQ/MESA pilot because I work for Expressjet!

Our current slight superiority in contract and management are not enough reason to justify being on the bottom of a seniority list of 2300. Especially considering the future shows a trickle of movement and nil growth for company with an increasingly uneconomic airplane. For a newcomer with a choice the answer is pretty obvious.

Last edited:
Bitter maybe. What kind of class do you have when you talk down to fellow xjeters. You may be unhappy with your decisions but not everyone else is pissed off at the world.

Last edited:
Superpilot92 said:
Bitter maybe. What kind of class do you have when you talk down to fellow xjeters. You may be unhappy with your decisions but not everyone else is pissed off at the world.
Class, give me a break man. We work together and sometimes socialize together. Just cause you think you got the greatest job in the world doesn't qualify you to teach etiquette. Quite frankly I'm content to be at XJT at the moment, so nice try with the pissed at the world remark.

I'm simply telling a newcomer that this place is not his best option. Notice a common theme on this thread. Those of us who have many years at XJT are telling this guy to go with CHQ. Yeah that's right the guys who helped get that great contract/QOL you have now. Guess what XJT is just another regional like CHQ, Mesaba, or Comair. Those of you with the XJT superiority complex obviously can't handle that. These are the same types who in the past flapped their traps about how contract '02 would revolutionize the profession and have denied CHQ pilots the jumpseat for 'bringing down the industry.' Yeah you know what I will talk down on anyone who acts like an @sshole regardless of who they work for.

Last edited:
hbrow15 said:
I haven't heard that guy in a while is he still around?, I always thought he said Jetlincon as in lincon continental.

and how about

IAH Approach: Jetlincon 2580 direct CUZZZ
Jetlink 2580: Direct CUZZZ
IAH Approach: you know why I cleared to direct CUZZZ?
Jetlink 2580: Why?
IAH Approach: CUZZZ I can!!!!!

You're right. It is Jet Lincoln. I asked approach one night about Axe (that's his name). The controller said he's having some family problems and has been taking some time off.

However, we still have Richard, Mr. Happy!

Whiskerbizkit said:
We have our share of Riddle dorks to, but XJT all the way!!!!

Wow, I never would have thought you'd be such a big supporter of XJT...especially given your comments that you've made in the past, pasted below. Out of curiosity, what has changed?

-Neal

Whiskerbizkit said:
I dont need the NC to jerk me off and tell me how good this is. Its a POS and I vote NO!

Whiskerbizkit said:
If this POS TA passes, you know you will not find anybody that voted yes....just like LOA-15. After I vote NO, Im going to print out my no vote, copy it so it fits on my ID.

Whiskerbizkit said:
Here is my 2 cents.

It passed and we have to live with it. But all you YES voters, us NO voters dont live with mommy and daddy and had them pay for our education. We have familys, homes, bills, ect. and the compensation does dont cut it!. We came into this industry with a perception of being here for a few years and moving on to something better, but as we know its not there, so why not make it as close to what we were looking for. Most of us have been here for 5 or more years and are in our 30's and want a better life and I hate to say it but money does it right now, not 1 more day off for the month. We have to live with this TA for more than 2008. Hope it was worth it for you?

The jetlinkin' guy also calls the CHQ guys "Chaniqua." went to tracon for a visit myself on a long break. those guys are absolutely hilarious. try asking for direct Ninfa some time coming from the west....

Mookie

UZAInstructor said:
FWIW, this guy used to be an instructor at the flight school I work at. He worked his tail off networking and flying to get where he is. Word on the street is he's also an excellent pilot. I know him, and he's actually a pretty cool guy, who's really excited about flying, including getting an airline job. So he made a website about what he loves doing. I think if you guys don't understand that love and excitement for flying, then you're in this job for the wrong reasons. Weren't we all once that young kid who stood behind the airport fence, watching airplanes take off and land, wishing it was us? I know I was, and that's why I'm doing this for a career. And, as for the hot chicks with the dork comment...........this guy hangs out with and dates some of the best looking girls I've seen, get over the dork comments.

Wow you're a douchebag. Another nomination to you, and your buddy smiling paul to FlightInfo.com Tool of the Year

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back