CHQ or XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kntrdr said:
I've worked at both. XJT in 2001 (furloughed) hired at CHQ in 2002. Both are excellent places to work. For me though, the money is on CHQ. The money is basically the same, the QOL (for me) is better at CHQ. I guess the best way to put this is, when I was at XJT i was one of the most junior reserve ATR fo's. McPickle was one of the most senior ATR captains. I am now preparing for my Continental interview which is coming up. XJT guys got the flow thru stuff taken away from then, and now have little hope of going to CAL. (I do not know if McPickle is able to flow thru). The movement at XJT will be NIL as soon as the last of the jets get delivered. CHQ still has many planes (170's) on order. Obviously this is subject to change at a moments notice, but I think you will move up quicker at CHQ. All this being said I did work under the old XJT contract, so things are surely better there now than when i was there. If you live in Lexington you have the possibility of being based in SDF for CHQ. We have many guys that do that.

Good luck

How many 170s are still on order?

Mookie said:
The jetlinkin' guy also calls the CHQ guys "Chaniqua." went to tracon for a visit myself on a long break. those guys are absolutely hilarious. try asking for direct Ninfa some time coming from the west....

Mookie

I've heard "chaniqua" at STL. He also likes to say "shiit.....auqua".

e170 at Reshuttlepubliqua

If you have a choice go to the 170 on the S5 certificate. The 135/145 fleet at CHQ is shrinking and DL just announced large block hour reductions on our existing 135/145 flying starting in December. (No shock considering what's happening to the Comair guys). This equals a LONG time on reserve for new-hire 145 FOs, plus I can't remember the last 145 upgrade class. (Meaning little upward movement until you can upgrade in the 170).

Stay away from Republic (RW) if at all possible; you will only have US benefits plus an uncertain future as the MDA change of control vs. asset sale is still being played out.

Overall CHQ is still a decent place to be but I strongly suspect the fast upgrade music is rapidly stopping. OTOH hand XJet has a superior contract and infrastructure but you may end up as a career FO. It really seems like you could flip a coin and win/lose either way.

Latest resources

Back