• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ Negotiations??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said before Brother, no Rumor. Believe what you want, but like I said, this is from the EC not some third party. Again believe what you want.

So, what's the status on Repu*ic? Staying or going?

Gentlemen,

Understand your angst. It is normal to be frustrated and thirsting for information as negotiations enter the end game. It is also completely normal for the NMB to impose "silence" both on the union and on the company. The equivalent of a gag order. That happens all the time when it gets close.

That doesn't mean that there is a TA and it doesn't mean that there is no TA. It just means the parties are not permitted to talk about it, one way or the other, in public.

You have to be patient and trust your union leaders to do the best for you that they can. When they can tell you something, they will. It may be good news or it may be bad news, there is just no way to know.

Be assured that if they could talk to you, they would. If thery are not talking at all it is almost certain that the NMB has placed a gag order on the process.

Over at CMR we are all hoping that you will be successful. If you can match or exceed what we got, well be very happy for you and for us.

Best wishes.

What about Republik

Hey TWAer,

What did you hear about Republik? Are they getting squashed, scope clauses...what's the info there?

Thanks

No details on the TA or Republik. All that info will be out within the week. As one of the members of the EC has said, we have waited almost two years for this, we can wait another week.

Listen to new hotline messege on Friday. New TA could be announced then. Also, new messege today on the Union hotline. Negotiations went great last week. The end may be near!!!!

Allow me to stir up the hornets nest...

It's amazing how I can get to the bottom of these posts - read through all of the responses and replies, and I can be MORE frustrated about all this business. We are all waiting around with either unemployment checks in the mail or $20/hr in our pleather wallets and purses, for the results of these meetings and we should have never been in this position. This should have been resolved months (years) ago.

Why the sense of immediacy? Why all of a sudden? Cause CHQ management was tired of sitting across the table and trading saliva salvos? Cause they (CHQ management) threw a punch (by getting Republic ready to do ice-tests and by CHQ pilots getting furloughed)? Cause we (CHQ pilots) are afraid of other regionals or even nationals taking our business? I mean in the last 6 mos (2 mos worth of furloughed F/O's at CHQ), ACA wigs out and gets rid of United as UAL turns the financial corner, Jet Blue puts money down for 100 big brother jungle jets, small guys like CorpEx get in on the serious regional business after getting tired of lugging the FAA middle mgt. and lame charters around, MESA gets deals for new codeshares and not to mention new CRJ's, reverse flow at ASA, the threat (yet again) of Mother Airways giving some jets to her 3 (4) evil-stepdaughters, and SkyWest continues its slow, silent demonstration of how its done. All of these industry happenings would scare the bejesus outta me too. However, these industy goings-ons coulda happened 2 years ago too!

Lets hope that when an announcement is made, everything goes back to normal - lets hope that everything that was done, was not done in vain. Lets hope that there was forethought and foresight (I swear this is not a bash against current negotiating parties). Lets hope that in, 3 - 4 - 5 years, we wont be back in the same situation. Lets hope and pray that we have someone who will throw down with the mgt. faster than an Indianapolis Irish Bar fight (inside joke). But more seriously, lets hope that Republik isn't off the ground or even a factor. Cause otherwise, sitting on opposite sides of a table 3 - 4 - 5 years from now will be useless 'cause BB is not an idiot by any measure, and Daddy Wexfordbuxs will have all his bucks and ducks in a row. . . . .
. . . . . And we'll be dead ducks.

perchance remember the name of that irish bar? i forgot it. too bad they cut us off.

Re: Allow me to stir up the hornets nest...

Stick Man said:
sitting on opposite sides of a table 3 - 4 - 5 years from now will be useless 'cause BB is not an idiot by any measure, and Daddy Wexfordbuxs will have all his bucks and ducks in a row. . . . .
. . . . . And we'll be dead ducks. [/B]

as long as BB doesn't chuck any drinks at you...he should be OK. Otherwise....no way we're holding you back. (not that we could the first time)....:D

Latest resources

Back