• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[. Okay, so maybe I'm not the problem, but the overall supply/demand equation for airline pilots is not in our favor. A desireable career has become attainable to loads of people and the resulting market will determine what the pay rates/benefits will be.

How about raising the level of difficulty of the training? Is it normal that someone can take a one day crash course for the ATP written?
There needs to be a means of selecting poeple for the airline postions.
Currently, it is flight time, that most poeple acquire through instruction.
Perhaps the FAA should make the written exams requirements a little tougher and there would be less poeple in competition.

saviboy said:
[. Okay, so maybe I'm not the problem, but the overall supply/demand equation for airline pilots is not in our favor. A desireable career has become attainable to loads of people and the resulting market will determine what the pay rates/benefits will be.

How about raising the level of difficulty of the training? Is it normal that someone can take a one day crash course for the ATP written?
There needs to be a means of selecting poeple for the airline postions.
Currently, it is flight time, that most poeple acquire through instruction.
Perhaps the FAA should make the written exams requirements a little tougher and there would be less poeple in competition.

After reading your post, I believe the government should make it more difficult for people to procreate.

i interviewed middle of Aug....got my good letter nine days later....got a call for a Sept 22. class 9 days after that...they cancelled the class a week before it was supposed to start for a million reasons...ive been swimming ever since...things should start to move again soon..i hope....there are talks of a january 145 class and who knows after that...not even sure how many peeps are in the pool total....once travel picks up again and delta gets their CH11 stuff sorted out i think itll pick back up again...just in a little slump right now

Latest resources

Back