CHQ Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my friends daddy said chitaqua pilots are taking his job away and retirement

So new hires are going directly into the E170, while current employees are by passed, and stay in the E145? Are the current FO's just not bidding the E170? What's the deal?

What about the 145??

With lots of new FOs going to the 170, what does that mean for us new hires into the 145? Will we have longer upgrades and longer reserve times? Or are enough people upgrading and moving to 170 where it will still be quick for us?

There is no pay differential for FOs between the 145 and the 170, therefore no incentive to bid it. Yes, everybody knows that sucks, and its been discussed ad nausem on Flightinfo before. Plus there is a seatlock to contend with. If you will refer to www.flychautauqua.com, new-hires for the 170 must meet "new, higher" minimums which look suspiciously like ATP minimums. All 170 crews are currently based in IND. Also, pilots on the 170 only have United benefits. If you currently have DL and US bennies in additon to UA, why switch?

www.chqlounge.com

Current E-145 FOs are seat locked and can only change equipment when they are eligible to upgrade.

I also held an 18 day off line just 4 months after I finished IOE. It IS possible.
NO Junior manning here either.

And yeah, we are STEALING jobs, cause CHQ pilots do ALL the deciding on our routes, jets, codeshares, etc. Whatever man.

Contact CEO Bryan Bedford if you got a problem with CHQ.

TopGunMav, you're back! Haven't seen you in ages.

Okay folks, bitch all you want about whatever company you like. I spent 5 years at ALG, hating the contract carriers, as per the culture at any wholly-owned carrier demands (be it Airways, Delta, etc). Spent 2 months in the left seat of the Dash before Seigal made fools out of all of us. I recently initiated my own little J4J program and "made the jump" over to CHQ. Yes, I am making less money. But now, my schedule is far better. Preferential bidding gets me what I want. I am happy and optimistic now. I enjoy working for a employer that puts good news on the company website. I am enjoying the idea of jerking the gear for only 2 years (hopefully) instead of who knows how long if I had flowed to MDA. You have to do what works for you. And in my case, this works just fine. I have a few gripes sure, but it's a job, not a hobby. I'm just kicking myself for not doing it any sooner.

Having said that, jump my $hit if you like, but this works for me.

Sphrynxlla said:
With lots of new FOs going to the 170, what does that mean for us new hires into the 145? Will we have longer upgrades and longer reserve times? Or are enough people upgrading and moving to 170 where it will still be quick for us?
Movement will be faster on the 170 but they are still putting people on the 145. Also, remember Captain of the 145s are bidding the 170. That means more 145 upgrades which means less FO's, so there is movement in that respect.

As for upgrades I don't think it matters what plane you are placed on. You can upgrade when your seniority can hold it (most likely on the 145).

Latest resources

Back