CHQ Hiring may be comming to an abrubt halt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OldManPilot

According to a resent post on the company web it seems we now have an "over-abundance" of 145 pilots...

The company is offering Leaves at no pay for a period of 1 month.... extensions will be on a monthly basis to try and avoid furloughs.

I find it interesting that they can take pilots (Shuttle America) and put them directly into E170 class to "Avoid" having to furlough them. And before a settlement on Seniorty list is settled! A direct contract violation... and do this and let our own pilots be forsed to take leaves without pay, or possible furloughs........

Sounds like we may not be hiring any new pilots for awhile... it would make sense to transfer to the E170 rather than leaves or furlough.... this is my speculation...

I thought chq was the best regional in the world to work for and if you didn't work there you should wish you were.

OldManPilot said:
According to a resent post on the company web it seems we now have an "over-abundance" of 145 pilots...

The company is offering Leaves at no pay for a period of 1 month.... extensions will be on a monthly basis to try and avoid furloughs.

I find it interesting that they can take pilots (Shuttle America) and put them directly into E170 class to "Avoid" having to furlough them. And before a settlement on Seniorty list is settled! A direct contract violation... and do this and let our own pilots be forsed to take leaves without pay, or possible furloughs........

Sounds like we may not be hiring any new pilots for awhile... it would make sense to transfer to the E170 rather than leaves or furlough.... this is my speculation...

What a crying shame.

Sometimes things are too good to be true...there goes the rapid movement up the food chain at a bottom feeder!

foreverfo said:
Sometimes things are too good to be true...there goes the rapid movement up the food chain at a bottom feeder!

And for whom do you work ??? Please don't tell us TSA ???

Please pay no mind to this thread started by OldGirlymanPilot. It is obvious flamebait directed towards Shuttle America saab pilots. Chances are that you are really just a newbie pilot at CHQ and are afraid, very afraid of all 85 shuttle saab guys pushing you a few weeks further away from upgrade. Just STFU and go back to playing in your sandbox until you've paid your dues.

I find it interesting that they can take pilots (Shuttle America) and put them directly into E170 class to "Avoid" having to furlough them. And before a settlement on Seniorty list is settled! A direct contract violation...

Haven't they furloughed out of seniority before? History repeats itself...

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back