Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ, FREEDOM, and ASA pilots need to stick together on this!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dumb question here but does Delta mainline have to pay to ride on ASA, CHQ, & Freedom.(other than the $50/year) If so, what's the complaint? You're separate companies and you can't complain about getting a cheap ride on somebody else.

Plenty of regional carriers have to pay to nonrev on their mainline partners. All of NWA's feeder carriers have to pay to nonrev on mainline Northwest. Does it suck? Of course, but it's not that unheard of.

I may be wrong, but doesn't 9E ride for free on NW these days?? I am aware that you have to pay if you list for first class, however, my friends over there tell me that it is free to list and fly in Y class.

It is wrong to pay for non-rev when your the employee of airline and you get stiffed to enjoy what is supposed to be a benefit. You already did your job to help the company, the least they could do is offer a free ride to you as non-rev.

United recently revised its non-rev policy where there is no longer a charge to fly coach as non rev.

Airways allows you to fly free and as a non rev in either class on domestic flights.

Not suprised to hear Northwest takes the employee's pay check back to non-rev. Sounds like a typical NW
f--- the peons mentality.

The only time you should pay if non reving is ID-90/ZED fare

Non- revenue travel means NO revenue generated. This is a real pile of dookie.

If DAL wants to charge me, I am going to fly slower while at work to generate the necessary cash flow to offset their new program. Management never seems to learn that we can make our money back, and that in the end they can at best break even on an idea.

I know regional wages are low, and yes I agreed to work for them, but there were certain benefits that when combined with pay made for an acceptable overall package for someone of my level of experience. If DAL takes away my fringe bennies, I am going to have to increase my compensation package as I see fit. Who knows, fly slow enough (I mean save fuel enough), and I just may be able to treat my family to a positive space adventure once in a while, on Delta's dime. Jerks.

Mini:

Smart... You intend to fly off plan to try to make extra money while harming 73 other people, plus downline folks who just want to remain on schedule? Good judgement there - putting yourself first - Captain. Hope you mention your philosophy next time you interview.

I agree that this change in non rev benefits is not a good thing, for the very reason that it lowers morale amongst Delta's subcontractors' employees. What you do not realize at your profitable alter ego is that Delta is having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to continue operations with fuel approaching $3.00 a gallon.

Just think, how happy would you be if you took a 57% pay cut? When you board your Delta flight consider what those guys put up with and yet, they still are performing professionally. With 3,500 hours I would consider myself prety darned lucky to be flying your E170 in Delta colors and if this is the worst form of abuse you have to put up with, you are really fortunate.

Look for your alternatives:
(1) Your airline flies for multiple carriers
(2) You can JS for free and DAL has multiple JS
(3) Can't you fly on your own airline for free?
(4) If these passes are owed to you, get together with your pilot buddies and bring a breach of contract claim. (oh, or is it that these were never really yours to begin with?)

Last edited:
Mini:

Smart... You intend to fly off plan to try to make extra money while harming 73 other people, plus downline folks who just want to remain on schedule? Good judgement there - putting yourself first - Captain. Hope you mention your philosophy next time you interview.

By the way, how happy would you be if you took a 57% pay cut? When you board your Delta flight consider what those guys put up with and yet, they still are performing professionally. With 3,500 hours I would consider myself prety darned lucky to be flying your E170 in Delta colors and if this is the worst form of abuse you have to put up with, you are really fortunate.

Be careful fins, you're treading on thin ice. Before you know it, some of your former co workers on here will be calling you some of those "colorful metaphores" used to describe those evil delta pilots!
But with this guy, I'd say its not surprising! I wonder how he feels about having to pay to fly on the other legacy airlines that his compay whore's itself out to fly code for?;)

Mini:

I agree that this change in non rev benefits is not a good thing, for the very reason that it lowers morale amongst Delta's subcontractors' employees. What you do not realize at your profitable alter ego is that Delta is having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to continue operations with fuel approaching $3.00 a gallon.

Just think, how happy would you be if you took a 57% pay cut? When you board your Delta flight consider what those guys put up with and yet, they still are performing professionally. With 3,500 hours I would consider myself prety darned lucky to be flying your E170 in Delta colors and if this is the worst form of abuse you have to put up with, you are really fortunate.

(4) If these passes are owed to you, get together with your pilot buddies and bring a breach of contract claim. (oh, or is it that these were never really yours to begin with?)
Who are you, and what did you do with the real Fins?

Plenty of regional carriers have to pay to nonrev on their mainline partners. All of NWA's feeder carriers have to pay to nonrev on mainline Northwest. Does it suck? Of course, but it's not that unheard of.

Compass employees don't pay to fly on NWA (except in first class, but there are never any seats anyway). I can't speak for Mesaba or Pinnacle, but I think they have the same deal.

Compass employees don't pay to fly on NWA (except in first class, but there are never any seats anyway). I can't speak for Mesaba or Pinnacle, but I think they have the same deal.
True. It was changing just as I was leaving PCL. Until early last year, the only people that got free pass travel at the feeders were the guys with over 5 years of seniority. Everyone else had to pay.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back