Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ, FREEDOM, and ASA pilots need to stick together on this!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless the mainline pilots want to start paying to fly on us..... That would be fair don't ya think......????
Nope. You're flying their code.

Nope. You're flying their code.

.... in OUR aircraft with OUR airline.... You want this to be a one way street, but it takes BOTH sides to make it work....

..... if they want ALL the say, then they should fly THEIR code in THEIR aircraft..... when they fly them in OUR aircraft, we have a say.....

...... if push comes to shove, who owns OUR jumpseat?

but it takes BOTH sides to make it work....
I would argue that the whole arrangement doesn't "work" at all. It destroys the brand image, it reduces the brand's control over the quality of their product, it costs management a hell of a lot more than it would in-house thanks to ridiculous FFD agreements, it screws labor, etc... These agreements haven't "worked" for a long time.
if push comes to shove, who owns OUR jumpseat?
You know what I think about that. The Captain of a flight always owns his own jumpseat.

Your response to this whole thing should be "This stinks!! I'm gonna call my MEC to see what we can do about it!"

And I believe ASA pilots would come out ahead on a jumpseat pee contest due to the number of cabin seats involved, so lighten up Francis and help us out here rather than sit there and gloat!!
I wrote if someone wanted to PM me with details I would take it to my MEC. Read what I wrote, I'm on the JS, or Non Rev's side on this issue. I do not think Delta should be charging.... Sounds like SkyWest is working it from their end also.

I'm cautioning the 3,000 hour DCI Captain regarding retribution against an innocent party. After all, that innocent party can raise more heck than you can fathom and Delta backs them all the way.

Better to figure out how to help your JS and Non Revs. After all, if you ever wanted to come to DL, they can help. (Admittedly that is a big IF with this NWA deal)

I would argue that the whole arrangement doesn't "work" at all. It destroys the brand image, it reduces the brand's control over the quality of their product, it costs management a hell of a lot more than it would in-house thanks to ridiculous FFD agreements, it screws labor, etc... These agreements haven't "worked" for a long time.

I agree.... and ALPA screwed up when they allowed outsourcing in the first place......However we now have it.... and the regionals rely on the mainline, while the mainline rely's on the regionals to provide feed..... particularily with the international flights.... The wouldn't be profitable without the feed from us...... It takes BOTH sides now to make a legacy network carrier work....

How long would Delta or NWA stay afloat without the regional feed?

If the mainline employees don't have to pay on us, then we shouldn't have to pay on them...... If we are going to pay on them, then they should pay on us.... That is the fair way to handle this.....

SkyWest

Skywest has the most to do with this whole thing. Look at all the time and effort going into rearranging this pass benefits thing. Delta has spent some more money on non-revving.....Fact of the matter is, SkyWest does not want ASA, a Union Airline to have ANYTHING better than their Non-union darling. Pass Benefits on Delta the way they used to be was much better. And free.

Trojan

I may be wrong, but doesn't 9E ride for free on NW these days?? I am aware that you have to pay if you list for first class, however, my friends over there tell me that it is free to list and fly in Y class.

you nailed it, Noise. And there is no $50 registration fee either.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back