• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ E190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are there that many DCA guys on the 170? I thought they were generally coming here with 900-1100 hours; too low for the "widebody".

I'm a CHQ Pilot. I realize the resentment towards my pilot group, but will be the first to admit that ever airline has that 5% of complete morons. I will Not SUPPORT Any Relief on J4J at My Company, unless some advantagous side letters are written, and payrates are amended to JetBlue E190 +3% reviewed quaterly. In the advent that JB's payrates increase, my should also. I will be first in line to admit that these aircraft should not be on this airline's property. Nor Any other with Express, Connection, or Airlink Painted on the side. If these airplanes show up it is a Failure of APA and ALPA to protect their jobs and scope. Needless to say, I will not do my part to stop this snowball from rolling. I may only have 1 voice and 1 Vote, but Mine will be NO TO 190's!

SkyBoy1981 said:
Comair is owned by Delta. They are parts of the same company. Delta decided they wanted RJ's on those routes, so they made them into Comair flights. Comair wasn't standing in line like a hooker on a Vegas street corner trying to outbid mainline for them. The comparison you are making here is like apples to coconuts.

I hope you don't fly for ComAir.

Comair was a contract carrier not too long ago there skyboy. What do you think they were flying in the years before they were bought?? CRJ service from Lunken to Harrisburg??

I have a lot of friends over there and mean no harm in humorously saying, they were the ORIGINAL Delta whore :) Delta liked the action they were getting so much they bought them. The rest is history.

Both Apples and Coconuts fall from trees. Obvisouly one too many hit your head on the way down.

T-Hawk

Last edited:
Traumahawk said:
I hope you don't fly for ComAir.

Comair was a contract carrier not too long ago there skyboy. What do you think they were flying in the years before they were bought?? CRJ service from Lunken to Harrisburg??

I have a lot of friends over there and mean no harm in humorously saying, they were the ORIGINAL Delta whore :) Delta liked the action they were getting so much they bought them. The rest is history.

Both Apples and Coconuts fall from trees. Obvisouly one too many hit your head on the way down.

T-Hawk
What does this ancient history have to do with anything? Comair was the initial Delta Connection RJ operator. They don't, and never have, done business simply by underbidding other regional airlines. No, I don't fly for Comair...but I have more respect for those airlines which don't fly with 4 different paint schemes and open or close a domicile every other week.

CancelIFR1200 said:
I'm a CHQ Pilot. I realize the resentment towards my pilot group, but will be the first to admit that ever airline has that 5% of complete morons. I will Not SUPPORT Any Relief on J4J at My Company, unless some advantagous side letters are written, and payrates are amended to JetBlue E190 +3% reviewed quaterly. In the advent that JB's payrates increase, my should also. I will be first in line to admit that these aircraft should not be on this airline's property. Nor Any other with Express, Connection, or Airlink Painted on the side. If these airplanes show up it is a Failure of APA and ALPA to protect their jobs and scope. Needless to say, I will not do my part to stop this snowball from rolling. I may only have 1 voice and 1 Vote, but Mine will be NO TO 190's!
Excellent post.

SkyBoy1981 said:
No, I don't fly for Comair...but I have more respect for those airlines which don't fly with 4 different paint schemes and open or close a domicile every other week.

Respect for an airline because it's stupid enough to put all of its eggs in one basket ??? You're kidding right ?

Just ask the folks at Piedmont and Allegheny how great the wholly-owned, fly-for-one carrier system works. The only thing keeping Delta from selling Comair tomorrow is that there's no one stupid enough to buy them. I remember sitting in the PIT crew room as a CHQ pilot back in 1999 and witnessing all of the PSA/Piedmont/Allegheny numb-nuts looking down their noses at us because they were "Holy" owned. Worked out great for them huh ???

And opening up and closing domiciles is called doing business. It happens. It by no means is a measure of a company. You sure have a screwed-up barometer for success man.:rolleyes: Things at Comair have been slowly going down the toilet since that big contract they went out and walked circles for. So much so they recently cried "uncle" and gave some of it back.

Last edited:
h25b said:
Respect for an airline because it's stupid enough to put all of its eggs in one basket ??? You're kidding right ?

Just ask the folks at Piedmont and Allegheny how great the wholly-owned, fly-for-one carrier system works. The only thing keeping Delta from selling Comair tomorrow is that there's no one stupid enough to buy them. I remember sitting in the PIT crew room as a CHQ pilot back in 1999 and witnessing all of the PSA/Piedmont/Allegheny numb-nuts looking down their noses at us because they were "Holy" owned. Worked out great for them huh ???

And opening up and closing domiciles is called doing business. It happens. It by no means is a measure of a company. You sure have a screwed-up barometer for success man.:rolleyes: Things at Comair have been slowly going down the toilet since that big contract they went out and walked circles for. So much so they recently cried "uncle" and gave some of it back.
The topic of discussion here is what business tactics are dragging our profession down as pilots, not which business tactics are making an airline thrive. Naturally CHQ, Mesa, and their counterparts are thriving while the wholly owns are hurting. There's obviously no denying that. Why do you think the wholly owns are hurting? Simple, because of a select few contract carriers out there that survive only by operating as cheaply as possible and underbidding everyone that they possibly can. Their labor costs are lower because of poor wages and minimal staffing levels. They don't spend the extra money for things like CASS or ACARS, just as a few examples. So, in turn, they underbid airlines like Comair with higher wages, better staffing, and other things that are there to benefit us as pilots. Its all part of the race to the bottom.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back