• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ E190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
has anyone figured out that the carriers are using each gorup against each other to lower the bar. and the stupid pilot keep biting because of the golden apple of bigger aircraft. Don't be disappointed about not advancing your career from your current position.

Always remember airline pilot eat their young. especially the executives. If it not mesa, air willy or whoever, ther will always be someone who will work for free. sad but true.

tie1on said:
has anyone figured out that the carriers are using each gorup against each other to lower the bar. and the stupid pilot keep biting because of the golden apple of bigger aircraft. Don't be disappointed about not advancing your career from your current position.

Always remember airline pilot eat their young. especially the executives. If it not mesa, air willy or whoever, ther will always be someone who will work for free. sad but true.

This we know. Proposed solution???

I've got a better chance of hooking up with (insert famous rich ass untouchable hottie here) than pilots working together.

Come on guys, lets get this straight... AWAC and MESA are not at the same level. The reason AWAC is in this USAir boat is in the first place is because they told United to go pound sand when they wanted cheaper rates. Yes, some company will start flying the 190s, but at least in AWAC's case, it will not be for free.

We know AWAC and Mesa aren't in the same boat. I think everyone realizes that. If another contract carrier is going to be added, I'm dam glad its Air Willy.

Only reason I threw the name in there is with the addition, our ORF/PHF base is on the way out. We're looking at two base closures and or reductions at the same time. Personally, I can't figure out why CCY won't leave things as they are until after the merger. It couldn't be the last of the base shiftings.

twinbeech said:
Come on guys, lets get this straight... AWAC and MESA are not at the same level. The reason AWAC is in this USAir boat is in the first place is because they told United to go pound sand when they wanted cheaper rates. Yes, some company will start flying the 190s, but at least in AWAC's case, it will not be for free.

AWAC is too pricey compared to CHQ or Mesa. I'd put my money on CHQ flying them since they already fly 170's and it would be the same training program, etc.

Last edited:
That really is what I meant anyway, I don't really see it going to AWAC because they cost too much. Besides, as I understand it, the company getting the contract would have to take 25 50 seaters away from USAir if it got the 190 flying. From what I can figure, that really isn't worth it. Lest us not forget that everything AWAC has sitting around parts wise is from the great white north. That would mean a VERY substantial investment not only in airplanes and training, but in parts as well. There are other operators better positioned to pick up this flying.

OPECJet said:
That comment was the ticket. I can see where you're coming from a little better after a good night's sleep, but PDT crews have been watching our bases close, aircraft disappear, schedules get worse, and our future getting dimmer. This happens while CHQ, Mesa, PSA, and now Air Willy bring more and more RJs onto the property to replace us, and mainline flying. Most of us realize the problem doesn't lie solely with the carriers flying the RJs. It begins with mainline management not realizing how much of an asset we can be. On the flip side, pilots making less flying those jets than we make flying our Dashes doesn't help either.

A couple of points. Yes AWAC is coming in to do UEX flying, part of the deal with coming up with a lump sum of cash. But there isn't really growth in the RJ's. MESA have already said they are pulling thier 50's to go to delta and UAL so the numbers stay the same for the meantime. MESA is only adding flying to the east in the form of 90's on behalf of Amwest, again no added flying in the meantime. The downside in the future is that U have said they want to reduce the numbers of smaller RJ's and increase the larger ones with a small decrease in RJ numbers over the next 3 years but seat capacity basically remaining unchanged.

The contract with U by AWAC has the provision to operate 90 seaters (it doesn't mention 70's at all), but before that could happen there has to be changes in our contract regards pay, possible J4J etc and as it stands the agreement language says AWAC is not subject to current J4J language. All of these would have to be sorted out first. Again does having a presence on the BOD carry any weight? Who knows.

Quick comments on how it might go down:

CHQ gets EMB-190.

Mesa bids on the CRJ-900 flying ( yes they have said they are going to transfer the planes, but nothing official or how they are going to do this has been announced). These aircraft come from the America West side....Mesa is reducing the number of 50 seaters (ie all of them) so that takes care of that. Does Trans States have a contract with USAir right now that requires them to keep them? More 50 seaters could go away that way and GJs could come in with 90 seaters...same holdings company right?

America West puts out a request for 90 seat operators and starts diluting there Mesa operation out west.....Skywest, GJs, Mesa, and Air Wis bid on those.

I don't see Air Wis getting rid of 50 seaters unless they have a home for them....and I don't see anyone that wants the things right now.

AD

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back