Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Re: Look at the thread.

Anaconda said:

along those same lines, i think you need to re-read my post and think about what i was saying.

perhaps then you will realize that i feel the same way you do and you will regret pm'ing me that diatribe this morning...

If I misunderstood you and misinterpreted your remarks, then I apologize to you too as I already have to Guam360.

Perhaps I'll have the pleasure of meeting you one day and we can clear the air and laugh about it.

Fraternally,
Surplus1
CMR

Hey ATL2CDG,

So, how do you get from ATL to CDG France on an rj? Or is this a reference to your home, or favorite vacation spot? Are you part of the rjdc fight to fix this problem with us? Hope to meet you someday.

Explanation

My username, ATL2CDG, was created when I was dating a lass in Paris and I was using my non-rev benefits monthly to spend time with her. However, we've broken up, I've found someone else whom I've married and we now have a kid on the way. Needless to say, my wife doesn't "appreciate" the 'ATL2CDG', but I'm too blasted lazy to create a new account.

Re: RJDC, while I'm not a member, since I'm just a flight attendant, I support the ends for which it is fighting. I think it's crazy that pilots want to belittle pilots and make them do things like work for so little money that they have to apply for foodstamps. But hey, what do I know... how do you want your coffee?

Re: Explanation

ATL2CDG said:

... how do you want your coffee?

Four and four, please and thanks!

Congrats on your upcoming kid. There's nothing quite like it.

A lot of CHQ out here on the web lately, about how we are taking flying from the DAL wo's. Please somebody explain to me in plain english exactly what eagle is doing flying out in Califorina, or ACA and even Skywest for the matter as DAL connection. I'm not, repeat, not trying to start a fire or even fan the flames. I am just curious why so little is said about the other guys.

To me the big picture is obvious. We are all gonna be stuck at what ever airline we work at for a very long long time. Maybe our whole careers. Notice how the mainlines are shrinking and the RJ's keep coming? Welcome to the new "B-scale" folks. I wish us all luck. I had hoped to retire flying a big boeing making lots of money, but I'll probably have to settle for a 70 seat (that is not so regional) regional jet making lots less.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride folks

CaptBiff said:
A lot of CHQ out here on the web lately, about how we are taking flying from the DAL wo's. Please somebody explain to me in plain english exactly what eagle is doing flying out in Califorina, or ACA and even Skywest for the matter as DAL connection. I'm not, repeat, not trying to start a fire or even fan the flames. I am just curious why so little is said about the other guys.

The problem is this:
Comair's MCO hub was taken away and given to an outside company that works for less money. This is the first time a Delta wholly-owned has been totally replaced by a cheaper operation.
AE in LAX replaced SKW t-props. That's SKW's problem, and I'm told SKW didn't mind getting out of there. ACA has nothing to complain about because they are moving in on CVG and own BOS now.

We at ASA and Comair only see shrinking, especially at ASA. We at ASA are losing our DFW hub to Comair, and didn't get MCO or BOS or LAX. I think we have a right to be bitter toward a pilot group who is willing to undercut another pilot group just to have a job. Why is our issue with the pilots instead of management? Because if your pilot group wasn't willing to work for so little in pay and benefits you wouldn't be cheaper. That's what we call "whoring oneself out". Mesa also comes to mind in this department.

Why is this different from what Delta mainline says connection is doing to them? Simple. This is a regional screwing a regional. We're on the same level, therefore it's a direct replacement.

ifly4food said:
We at ASA are losing our DFW hub to Comair, and didn't get MCO or BOS or LAX.

Have you seen something definite about that?

All I've ever seen is a statement from mgt saying that the possiblility exist for a DFW hub in 2003, but have yet to see anything officially in writing.

I think we have a right to be bitter toward a pilot group who is willing to undercut another pilot group just to have a job. Why is our issue with the pilots instead of management? Because if your pilot group wasn't willing to work for so little in pay and benefits you wouldn't be cheaper. That's what we call "whoring oneself out".

That's very interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong here..

Your saying that your job is more important than the job of a CHQ pilot. Your saying that CHQ pilots are whoring themselves out because they fly an airplane on a route that their company has been awarded through a contract. Your saying that the CHQ pilots should refuse to fly because their management has agreed to a contract with your parent company that undercuts you somehow.

Dude, your beef should be with your company, and your contract for allowing this. Don't blame them for doing their job. You slam them for being willing to work for so little pay. Get real!!

You work for a company that does contract work for Delta just like the rest of them. You just happen to have the same owners.. No different in the long run.. You do the work that your contract stipulates. You don't like the contract or the provisions within, then work to change them.

ifly4food said:

I think we have a right to be bitter toward a pilot group who is willing to undercut another pilot group just to have a job. Why is our issue with the pilots instead of management? Because if your pilot group wasn't willing to work for so little in pay and benefits you wouldn't be cheaper. That's what we call "whoring oneself out". Mesa also comes to mind in this department.

You can't fault a pilot for working at a company just because they are doing well. Do Delta, American and United pilots feel this way towards SWA because they are turning a profit and have no pilots on the street?

Every job move you make in this industry is a gamble. Those that went to a major before 9/11 gambled and lost. Think back to when you would do anything not to have to fly that crappy 152 around the pattern again and you would take the first class date that was available. We all gambled that the company we choose to fly for would be our best bet. We bet on equipment, bases and upgrade time. Well some of the equipment has gone away, bases open and close and upgrade times are longer now. So some of us are winning and some are losing and some of us are just getting down right screwed. Look at Midway pilots, they went there thinking they would get better pay and a chance to fly 73's. They gambled leaving other regional or corparate jobs and ended up losing.

I'm happy we are expanding with another code share but, CHQ could have it's downfall too. We could end up with the Saabs back from SA if they fail, American could end our contract and assume the leases on those planes, America West or USair could fail and I could be on the street next year. It's a gamble. The only thing I can do is fly safe, be on time and give the passengers good service. If I choose to go to another carrier or take a corprate jod I know it's a gamble with risks involved.

I don't have any ill will towards my fellow pilots and I don't call them names or wish them hardships. Don't gloat when times are good and don't blame another pilot group for your managements failures because you could find the roles reversed. You are welcome on my plane anytime and I'm gratefull for a ride on yours.

Thanks to all for the info. I was just curious, now please let me responde to Ifly4food. I can understand your point of view, however I don't agree with name calling. Your beef is with your company mgmt and with your parent company. They allowed it and your union allowed it.

True CHQ employees don't enjoy the high salaries like Horizon, Air Wis., and Comair/ASA people enjoy. Heck I know a pilot at Allegheny who made $43,000 his first year and he flew a Dash 8. At CHQ we have been without a contract for two years. We are currently in negotiations as we speak and we are fighting for a fair conctract which we may never get. We approached ALPA for representation and they said we were to small (we only had 200 pilots at the time) so now we have IBT. ALPA only cares about one thing and that is mainline ALPA pilots. Not small plane ALPA pilots. In the end ALPA reqional pilots are gonna get the shaft regardless for who you work for.

But calling us bottom feeders, whores, etc. that is just down right rude. As a pilot at CHQ do you really think I have any control what my CEO Bryan Bedford does? Do you have any control? I doubt it. Every CHQ pilot I know stood by our fellow Comair pilots side when they were on strike, Delta approached CHQ way back then and we told them we weren't interested in a code share. We voted the Jets 4 jobs down by a large margin. You still think we are whores?

Ask any mainline pilot today who is out on the street how s/he feels about RJs. Honestly tell me this. Do you have a back up plan if you don't get hired at major? Because I hope you do. I do. There isn't gonna be any growth for a long time at the majors. They are gonna shrink and the regionals are gonna grow. It is a sad simple fact in my opinion. We are the new "b-scale" and that is what sucks.

Latest resources

Back