Chitako/Continental Deal Not Done?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EUT

Heard a rumor today that there may be a snafu with the 69 jet deal. Can anyone confirm / Deny? Source?

I'm hearing the same rumor from ASA management, although nothing definitive. CHQ doesn't have the aircraft to service the deal. The only 50 seaters ont he market are CRJ's which are operated by - whoops - not CHQ.

In my opinion, CHQ may not be able to pull this off without XJet's jets. XJet seems to have other ideas rather than letting them go to a hostile competitor.

From what CAL put out in its employee updates as well as in the public press, CHQ's deal was contingent on XJT giving back some or all airplanes. CAL said that CHQ would fly any airplanes that XJT gives back to CAL. They never made mention of CHQ back-filling airplanes if XJT kept all 69. As a matter of fact, if I were a betting man I would put money on CAL putting out another RFP for CRJ flying (since those airplanes are plentiful and at a deep discount at the moment).

-Neal

I agree with Neal. Rumor has it that the ivory tower on Smith Street was shocked to find out that XJT would be keeping the planes and that they included 44 of our XR's.

BTW Neal, how do you find the time to be in training and post on these boards?;)

~~~^~~~ said:
I'm hearing the same rumor from ASA management, although nothing definitive. CHQ doesn't have the aircraft to service the deal. The only 50 seaters ont he market are CRJ's which are operated by - whoops - not CHQ.

In my opinion, CHQ may not be able to pull this off without XJet's jets. XJet seems to have other ideas rather than letting them go to a hostile competitor.

Mesa has 36 ERJ's.

Talked to a friend of mine at Chitako and he said something about them getting more 145's. Does Embraer even still produce them? And obviously they won't be able to produce that many by the time they would take over the flying for Continental. So what are their options?

I think this makes Kotex guys feel better about the fact that their company just made a decision that has historically proven to put itself out of business.

CHQ will fly for CAL maybe not 69 jets, but they will fly old Kotex routes.

and kotex and their emotional management will give the jets back with their tail between their legs along with massive furloughs...

The only people who care to speculate about this at Chautauqua are the ones who bet their upgrades on this, who coincidentally seem to be the ones who post most often on here. Bottom line, nobody knows anything and time will tell. Good luck xjet guys, with whatever it is you guys do with those airframes.

c-wood75 said:
I think this makes Kotex guys feel better about the fact that their company just made a decision that has historically proven to put itself out of business.

CHQ will fly for CAL maybe not 69 jets, but they will fly old Kotex routes.

and kotex and their emotional management will give the jets back with their tail between their legs along with massive furloughs...

Are you retarded? I remember you posting a long time ago bashing E170Guppykiller for making fellow CHQ guys look bad and here you are doing exactly what you bashed him for doing!! Nicely done

:uzi:c-wood75:smash:

I actually found the post for others viewing pleasure-
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=694685#post694685

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back