Chicago Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyChicaga

I just heard on WGN Radio News that Chicago Express has officially been shut down by ATA today. Is this true? I thought they had until April 1st. :( :( :(

Yes, yesterday is a sad day for all of us current and ex Windycityers. Chicago Express stopped flying yesterday afternoon. Hopefully not for ever. The April 1st date that you mentioned is the date that the Airline will be sold in court. The bids have been already closed. Scott seems to be holding it really close to the vest on which (I think there are more than one) intenties have valid bids. But like I said before, the final winner should be known by Thursday, and then be awarded the sale by Judge Lorch on Friday. I hope they are up flying again before the end of April. Good luck you guys.

The last of the employees still on the property get paid until April 3rd, then we are all furloughed until the new buyer comes to the surface or terminated if we liquidate. Very sad day for a very well run, great company that just happened to be a WO of a sinking ship.

Cheers!

Bummer

FlyChicaga said:
I just heard on WGN Radio News that Chicago Express has officially been shut down by ATA today. Is this true? I thought they had until April 1st. :( :( :(

If there are any former Chicago Express peeps out there still looking for a job til ya find something better...come on down to Colgan, we got 10 of your planes and we desparately need Captains F.O.s, Flight Attendants, Dispatchers, Mechanics, Crew Schedulers and Janitors....both for Texas and the North East.

go to www.colganair.com

Colgan may not be the best thing out there but it's $$$ til ya find something better. Besides I need a break. We're so short handed now and this getting called to work on my days off is killing me.

Wow, this is really a sad day indeed.

I missed the place while it was still here, and I'll miss it twice as much if it's gone. In all seriousness, I feel honored to have worked there and to have flown with everyone on that seniority list. Hopefully we'll cross paths again someday.

Best wished to all CE'rs. Thank you for all the rides.

We're not really closing our doors. We're just attempting the best April Fools Day prank.

If there are any former Chicago Express peeps out there still looking for a job til ya find something better...come on down to Colgan, we got 10 of your planes and we desparately need Captains F.O.s, Flight Attendants, Dispatchers, Mechanics, Crew Schedulers and Janitors....both for Texas and the North East.

Hi Godfather, well they can't be needing SAAB Captains that bad. I have the type, I am current on the Airplane, I have E-mailed the company at least 10 times, I have 121 PIC time on the aircraft, plenty of TT time, willing to work hard. However, not even a response for an interview.

Since they haven't talked to me yet, I guess it can't be my personality either. ;-I

Take care

Latest resources

Back