Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How 'bout this for a new C8 plane?
http://www.mikephotos.net/dea/photos/ataconxerj145.jpg

But seriously it looks like Saab 2000 for you guys huh? Does that mean more jobs over there too?
Funny what you said about AF, I did my CFI there, and I think I flew with Antney, and a dude from OhiO (funny character). Heard Gen-O got axed. Is Bear still at Chicago Express?

Senna P
If you flew out of dupage then yes you probably flew with me, and if you knwo Gene and Dave then yes you did fly there. Gene did get let go, and Dave is not there as well, just doing his thing at Chicago Express.

Dilbert
We already fly the Saab 340B, were talking about getting the Saab 2000, 50 seat turbo prop, all glass, and TONS of power.

ATAOPS
Havent heard anything new, like saabcaptain has said, in 60-90 days maybe something should happen. Do know Saab will be back this week, but I beleive its all money talk now. We have to wait and see. About how many, it will be atleast a complete swap of the 340, meaning 17 aircraft. The number pass 17 is totally up in the air, not to sure about that. that will determine the amount we will hire then if we get more planes than 17.
Anthony

Hopes this helps.

i know that you guys currently hire pilots that have about 450 hrs, but are usually from within the company and/or interns. do you think they would still do that if they got the saab 2000.

Its really hard to say. The guys that get on with low time, have eithered interned here, thats a big one, or have worked for chicago express or ATA. So for your case ATAOPSDAVE you can probably get on with lower than normal times. The minimums for hiring will probably depend on what they need and want. Its really hard to put a number on it.

Anthony

yeah i just got hired with c8 and am hoping to maybe get a class maybe some time early next year. but if theyget the saab 2000 that may not happen because i have such low time. what do you think?

If your hired as a pilot, then your fine man. Dont worry getting a new plane wont make our hiring requirments go any higher for the most part.

i was not hired as a pilot yet. But i hope i will be by the earlt part of next year. I currently work within the company at the GO. But i was just wondering if they got new planes that would affect me getting hired with low time.

Hey if your in the GO, your in the gold pot! Go ask Scott he'll be honest with you, dont be bashfull. Just be persititent with it. If your in the GO you should have a lot better news than we get out on the line! BTW you like the new avatar, getting pretty excited to fly this thing if it comes!
Anthony

yeah i was looking at pics of it on airliners.net. it is very nice. it would be pretty cool to fly that with only about 400 -500 hrs. how many hours did you get hired on with.

I wouldn't worry about it ataopsdave... the reality is if we *do* get the 2000 we will do a bunch of hiring into the SF340 first to setup the switch as when we pull CA's and FO's from the 340 to the 2000 you have to have a "fat" pilot list to handle the flying... you have to have additional pilots. While I think FO's off the street into a larger aircraft (RJ, 2000 or otherwise) would initially be slightly higher time than the average we hire at now it would only be until we get slightly more comfortable with what we need in terms of pilot qualifications on the new aircraft.

Chicago Express has always hired from within at very, very low time and if you are already on board I have no doubt you have nothing to worry about in regards to getting your chance. The key thing is staying instrument proficent while you push paper because while you may get the chance at only a few hundred hours of time you still have to deliver at the plate that is the full motion sim.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back