• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chicago Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well guys, from what ACA has announced today ATA better make a plan soon, and not use the usuall 18 month thing on us anymore. This will be interesting to see if they decide to attack or sit back and watch things pan out! Hopefully they will attack sooner than later, atleast not when its to late.
Anthony

hey antney what have you heard about getting new planes, i think that they are pretty deadset on the saab 2000. I heard they are getting good incentives.

FlyChicago you have worked in the GO while an intern, now you are in the process of being a line pilot. We all have been hearing this 18 month thing for years, with some pilots hearing it since 5 years ago. 18 months we'll have RJs on the feild. I would love to beleive it, and I sure hope your right, but like your previous qoute, when were calling gear up on a revenue flight its a done deal.
And no, havent heard anything on new aircraft. But the talk is very heavy about the Saab 2000 and the amount of them is high as well. But this is talk until we start training, then we can get a little excited.
Anthony

i thought jets

I was just on Chicago Express and in Mickelsons article in the Travel mag, he mentions that they are going to be making fleet improvements at Chicago Express and that meant jet service soon?

any thoughts:confused:

js31:

Fly is right about the Saabs coming from Crossair (now Swiss) - they are replacing the Saabs with Embraers. The GM Saab 2000's were certified under part 135 with only 36 seats in them so some major paperwork and recertification would have to be done to get them over to part 121.

FO

No. The saab 340 right now holds 34 passengers, with the effects of new weights by the FAA will bring us down to 32, maybe even 31 passengers, loosing more passengers for ATA and not being able to sell as many seats. This will greatlly impact there service and make them do something now or soon. Now I beleive the 737 holds around 157 pax, the saab has 34 for now, thats a big difference if they want us to feed their routes with just saab 340s. I beleive the saab 2000 is a fix for the problem at hand, making us being able to carry 50 passengers, enable more passengers to be carried onto ATA. Yes today might hamper any thoughts on RJs for right now, but they will be here, not as soon as we would all like. The Saab 2000 looks like a near future reality. It will be fun for us pilots, finally an aircraft with an APU, but for the passengers they will just have to handle those 6 HUGE props outside the window!
Anthony

antney i also agree with you. the 737 actually holds 175. I believe that the saab 2000 is a near future relaity. how many do you think we will get and do you think we will kep the 340's. what have you heard from management.

Latest resources

Back