Chicago Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MaxQ

Has anyone heard anything about Chicago Express? I know they are going to be having a March class, but do they plan on interviewing anytime soon for future classes??? Any word on other classes after March?

Thanks!

Curious as well!!

I'm also curious. I've seen a few threads about Chicago Express, but there seems to be no responses to those threads. Anyone out there have any information regarding the company?
Thanks in advance!

I talked to a friend of mine that works at express a while back, and it sounds like they will be hiring in the near future. Maybe in the spring, hopefully.

Hope that helps,

Squirreldog

Chicago Express is starting classes up again (I think March is the first), but for now I think all are coming from the pool. Don't know if they have started interviewing again, but it would not hurt to call HR. I'm sure the hiring machine will be starting again in the summer, but that's IMHO!!!! Movement is really starting to happen again from the top (captains going to ATA), so that will force upgrades, and in turn force the need for FOs. That's my take!

Cheers!

Does anybody know the name of the person in charge of hiring at Chicago Express, and what the address and fax number are, where I could send a resume?

ALSF 2 is right about whats going on at Chicago Express right now. From what I heard, there is a class of new hires going on right now, not sure on the amount of FOs. There should be another class in the begining of March with new hires and upgrades. Then there should be another class in the May/April time frame. There are no set numbers, but its very hard to tell. In my eyes it seems like we are staffed well with the FO's, Captains are a little short, since of some of our Captains moving onto ATA. From what is said, they want to over staff the FO's, so then they can start upgrading easeir, not sure why though. This info changes daily, and really depends on what attrition rate we have over the next few months, and what ATA Holdings has planed for us in the future of growth. In regards to who is in charge of hiring, I beleive it is still Dan Hengan (probably misspelled) he is from HR. Not sure about a fax number, but I can look at post one, if I find one. The best way to get into Express is to have someone walk your resume in. I also heard there was lots of people still swiming in the pool, around 30+. Again this can be all rumors, and not to sure if they actually pull from there, or have other ways of determining who gets in class first. Also lots of the people still swiming have been in there since last spring, so either they might have jobs already, or are not interested anymore, my guess is as good as yours. Also baout future hiring, what is said is spring time, we'll actually have to wait and see if it happens. Great company to work for, and hopefully we'll be growing, but all the pilots are a ball to fly with! Good luck, and if there is anything more you need ask.
Anthony

Truly varies... knowing someone at the company makes the mins much lower and several 500-1000 hour folks with 50-100 multi have made it, and recently too. Mostly though it is 1200/100 or higher. CRJ700's looking like they just might be a reality and sooner than anyone thinks... maybe.

antney said:
ALSF 2 is right about whats going on at Chicago Express right now. From what I heard, there is a class of new hires going on right now, not sure on the amount of FOs. There should be another class in the begining of March with new hires and upgrades. Then there should be another class in the May/April time frame. There are no set numbers, but its very hard to tell. In my eyes it seems like we are staffed well with the FO's, Captains are a little short, since of some of our Captains moving onto ATA. From what is said, they want to over staff the FO's, so then they can start upgrading easeir, not sure why though. This info changes daily, and really depends on what attrition rate we have over the next few months, and what ATA Holdings has planed for us in the future of growth. In regards to who is in charge of hiring, I beleive it is still Dan Hengan (probably misspelled) he is from HR. Not sure about a fax number, but I can look at post one, if I find one. The best way to get into Express is to have someone walk your resume in. I also heard there was lots of people still swiming in the pool, around 30+. Again this can be all rumors, and not to sure if they actually pull from there, or have other ways of determining who gets in class first. Also lots of the people still swiming have been in there since last spring, so either they might have jobs already, or are not interested anymore, my guess is as good as yours. Also baout future hiring, what is said is spring time, we'll actually have to wait and see if it happens. Great company to work for, and hopefully we'll be growing, but all the pilots are a ball to fly with! Good luck, and if there is anything more you need ask.
Anthony

Do you know an address where Dan Heneghan is located? I hear FAXING resumes aren't the best idea.

In an odd twist, Dan is in the current pilot class. Katie Pfeiffer is the new flt ops/corporate recruiter.

The GO address is:
Chicago Express Airlines
5333 South Laramie Avenue
Chicago, IL 60638

I'm not a pilot here (yet), but I'll second the notion that C8 is an excellent company to work for.

joe

Latest resources

Back