• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheapskate Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone here posting have the kahunas to tell a cheap capt that he is cheap, or are you just sport bitchin...here...???

FO pulls out cookies from home to snack on...
Capt says. "oh you got cookies!"
FO says "Yeah I do and YOU don't"

Got it ? good.......

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Anyone here posting have the kahunas to tell a cheap capt that he is cheap, or are you just sport bitchin...here...???

FO pulls out cookies from home to snack on...
Capt says. "oh you got cookies!"
FO says "Yeah I do and YOU don't"

Got it ? good.......
Is that from the book "How to upgrade to captain 6 months before retirement?"

Lineman run the Airport

It's no secret that linemen run the general aviation airport. They can expidite your trip, or stall you for hours. They are in contact with everyone also: pilots, MX, cust. svc and atc. I've seen light jet cews treat a lineman like crap and have a 152 pilot get fueled before the jet. After a quick call to the tower from the lineman, next thing you hear on the radio is "lear ####,you have no flight plan on file, contact flight service".
All pilots should be made to work the line for a year.

Even worse

How about the Capt, who claims tips in the $100's of dollars on his expense report, but does not tip one dime. The F/O felt so bad for van driver’s etc; he was doing the tipping. Came to the CP about possible reimbursement, CP said he checked the records and the Capt on those trips had claimed giving the tips. Fortunately, he has moved on the majors.

Flew with a guy that brings one free county rag paper from home and expenses $5 for papers (this with 7 pax). I get a copy of the expense report and will not tolerate any monkey business. I give out the tips (just said "Hey _____, since you seem to have a problem tipping people when they help us out, I will take care of it, I will keep a record and help you fill out the expense report...). I have also made numerous comments about how generosity or lack of it is something people remember, and that if I ever have questions about how to stretch a dollar, I know who to call.... all with a smile on my face.

Flywrite said:
Taking the hotel toilet paper home. If it was short trip, meaning a light suitcase, he would call the front desk and ask for more TP, then take it home too.

This reminds me of a guy who used to be too cheap to buy coffee at home. So he used to steal the coffee packs from the hotel. He'd steal them off the maids cart too if he saw them in that hallway! At least this guy has finally seen the light and pays for his coffee!

I'm curious as to what all these guys flying skills were like? Is it possible to be that screwed up and be a good pilot as well?

I hate cheapskates.

And I'm generous to a fault. As for my flying skills, I'm lucky to be alive.

Fly safe, tip well.

The one that I heard that takes the cake is the Captain that would have everyone eat together at the hotel, order the most expensive stuff on the menu, including the most expensive bottle of wine and drink it all himself. Then when the bill would come he would split it up equally between everyone no matter what they ordered. He would then wait till everyone left the table and he would scoop up all their tips.

Latest resources

Back