• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheap pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The sad thing is of all professions where perdiem is critical.. pilot is the most in my opinion as we're out so much. YET.. pilots for the most part get no where near what the IRS perdiem value is for where they go.. Take where I am now for example. EDDF (Frankfurt).. I'm getting a meager $55/day here,

Ouch, that sucks. I used to get $75 perdiem there in the early 90s.

So what? There are over 6 BILLION people on the planet, and you're worrying about what some D0UCHE pilot tips waiters and van drivers? The world would be a lot better place if folks would just MTOFB...

Well, you are right there. But the only thing is that there are some people that leave the rest of looking like idiots. For example, I flew with this one tool and about 75% of the time he would argue with the hotel receptionist when checking out over the most ridiculous thing. He got into a fight over a phone bill for 2.83 cents. And once at the Hilton in LAS he had a 22 dollar phone bill which resulted in an amazing confrontation with the manager at the desk infront of everyone. I flew with cptn that stuffed the mustards and mayos in his pocket at the fast food places. Same guy would take all of our money, pay with his credit card and not leave a tip.....but he took our tip money. Folks like these give us all a bad name.

You're not tipping for the van ride, you're tipping because they put your luggage in and back out of the van. If they don't do that and you stiff them then it's justfied. Otherwise you're are just a cheap bastard.

I am sorry, but a $100,000 or even a $130,000 a year job is not enough money for the above luxries, plus a family, plus saving for retirement, plus saving for college for the kids, plus a car for the wife, plus other costs associated with living a normal life.

I can't understand how some people can make 6 digits a year, but yet they can't afford to "live a normal life"? The most my wife and I ever made in one year was about 75K. We did all of the aforementioned things, and lived just fine. How is it that someone earning half again as much can't?

You may not lose any sleep over them, but you sure got your little panties in enough of a wad to spend 10 minutes on here complaining about 'em. Your post sounded like a whiney flight attendant whose captain didn't offer to pay for her dinner. So the guy liked to save his money? BFD.

I'm not worried about Duke, Nancy. They haven't won a national championship in years, this one is no different...

I gave you too much credit for being in a bad mood because of duke's basketball team. If your not in a bad mood because Duke lost, then you must be an @ss all of the time. I didn't spend 10 minutes typing to complain, it took me 5 minutes to make a comment (I type fast). Besides being as @ss, you must be one of the cheap pilots since you took offense to this post. Feel free to respond, but I'm done responding to you. You have made it obvious to everyone on this site the type of person you are.

There are a lot of pilots out there who are cheap. With that being said, that is the way we've been programmed from day one. Flight costs in excess of 60,000(unless you're lucky enough to have them paid for), working as a second class citizen at the regionals, and then covering costs of being on the road for 1/2-3/4 of the month.

Latest resources

Back