• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheap pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cheap pilots? Hmm, I think this thread should be about flight attendants.

It’s amazing how few of them tip van driver for example; they usually grab their bags (once the driver offloads them) and off they go. I know I’m generalizing but in my opinion the ones who tip are a tiny minority.

The only drivers I don't tip are the ones who insist my F/A's, who take home $800 a month, give them a buck when they are taking home $2,000 a month to drive a van around town.

Which airline do you work for? АЄРОФЛОТ?

I know FAs aren’t very highly compensated but neither are the pilots. I don’t buy the $800/month argument.

- if you take into the account the years of training, the flying experience, the student loans, or military service, etc, one could even argue that FAs are overpaid compared to the pilots but that’s a different story.

I just opened up a can of worms didn't I? ;)

Sounds like a personal issue you have.

Sounds like a personal issue you have.

Not really, I was just surprised when I saw this thread was about pilots. I have seen a few pilots leave out the tip and that's embarrassing. More often than not I've also seen many FAs “forget” to tip and I think that's embarrassing too.. That's all....

From your previous post:
“Riiiiiight....that's what ugly people are told........” “You mean the pilots?"

Now this does sounds like a personal issue YOU might have. It’s funny though! ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I tip the van driver even if he doesn't handle my bag. I don't care how much money he makes, I appreciate the fact that he's there with the ride!
If XYZ pilots stiff the driver enough times, XYZ pilots will wind up waiting in the rain more. It's human nature.

Yeah, I tip the van driver even if he doesn't handle my bag. I don't care how much money he makes, I appreciate the fact that he's there with the ride!
If XYZ pilots stiff the driver enough times, XYZ pilots will wind up waiting in the rain more. It's human nature.

Hey bud.. where you at, home or one the road?? I've just pulled into MXP.. Going to DH again tomorrow to MAA to operate back into MXP.. so far I've got more time in Business Class than in the cockpit of the 11!

BTW.. I give my driver to the hotel 5 Euro cause it was the smallest I had.. even the Captain looked at me odd! ;)

I always tip the last day for the entire crew to show my appreciation for their hard work....I know....it's not much....maybe that's why I do it.

On the flip side, we have a Captain who complains and yells if the van is 5 minutes late and requests meal vouchers as compensation....then he pockets all the vouchers for himself.

Yeah, I know how it is. If I've only got 5 Euros though, I'll tell the crew to pocket theirs and pay the tip.
I don't cruise the Majors posts often because there's too much flaming and bashing here. "my airline is better than yours" crap.
A lot of immature high school attitudes with the big boys I guess. You should see the posts about the NWA guy who got yanked off a flight for losing his temper and cursing loud enough to worry the customers. Not one post even indicating he might have done something wrong. Quite sad to see the avenue that our trade has gone down. No more room for the professional in the cocpit, not even for appearances sake evidently. As far as I'm concerned, guys like that give us all a bad name.
I go out second half. Maybe we'll cross paths then.

With the AA F/A's taking a smaller paycut off an industry leading contract and the pilots taking a larger cut off an industry trailing contract, some F/A make as much or more than FO's.

Sad but true.

Unit

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back