Chautauqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Overs said:
CQH is the new Mesa. You may think it's cool that you're flying 170's and 190's, however, see how long you stay in the regional sector of aviation instead of moving on to a major.

Hilarious! I think it'll take a lot longer to get ino the majors by waiting 10 years to upgrade at a regional. Also if you don't have a college degree (or real degree), it's going to take alot longer (or never)!

Captain Overs said:
CQH is the new Mesa. You may think it's cool that you're flying 170's and 190's, however, see how long you stay in the regional sector of aviation instead of moving on to a major.

I think someone is a little bitterrrrrr

What the hell is the difference between flying a 170 as opposed to a CRJ700 or CRJ900 or Avro or ATR 72????

Don't hate it cause it's beautiful!

GFunk20 said:
What the hell is the difference between flying a 170 as opposed to a CRJ700 or CRJ900 or Avro or ATR 72????

Don't hate it cause it's beautiful!
I believe that's the point...it's not the fact that you fly the 170...it's the fact that you fly for that circus of an airline.

But if it does have something to do with the airplane, I'll say this much.
Most of your captains seem to have a firm grip on reality, but alot of the f/o's and fa's I've come across are convinced they are flying airforce one.

Pathetic argument. All airlines are a "circus" anymore. RAH is certainly one of the better regionals to be at.

Bedford is an expert in the game of grow, grow, grow.

There's nothing to lose when you know you can jump with your multi-million dollar parachute.

Short term contracts...long term commitments, they catch up eventually.

This latest one with the CRJ's is brilliant...new airframe ( airplanes, training programs pilots/mx, spare parts, etc, etc) all for a contract that can be trashed in two years.

But just like you said, a regional is a regional...if you can at least catch it on the upswing you stand a chance.

I would say to come to XJT where there is a top notch contract....but you can see where it gets you.

kngarthur said:
Hilarious! I think it'll take a lot longer to get ino the majors by waiting 10 years to upgrade at a regional. Also if you don't have a college degree (or real degree), it's going to take alot longer (or never)!

I have 2 friends at Majors that do not have college degrees. While not the norm it is possible. However, I would encourage those that don't to try to get one.

The Drizzle said:
you want some nails for your cross?

Forget it dude, whatever you say is right. Express Jet is a horrible place and we deserve to lose the flying to Chacaca. We've been asking for it all along by actually getting paid a bit more to fly the same airframes w/ a few extra perks that make this place livable for a regional. Yes, you guys are in the right and the Mesaba washout Reverend Bedford preaching from his pullpit in glorious Indy had gotten the blessing from God he asked for in that stupid a$$ memo you guys left in MKE last spring: ya'll got some growth with the CAL Death Star painted on the tail. Guess I should just hang it up right now because trying to make a buck in this business is simply not gonna happen because there's always a lower bidder.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back