chautauqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
olympus593 said:
A CHQ guy talking about concession, Priceless, How is the $19/H for the 170/190 working out for you guy???

How are the 10 yr to indefinite upgrades working for your FO's at Comair? Not to mention you guys selling yourselves out at the expense of ASA while they try to negotiate a new contract. That's one heck of a "Delta Nation" and "brotherhood" you guys have going on.

Last edited:
RP170 said:
How are the 10 yr to indefinite upgrades working for your FO's at Comair? Not to mention you guys selling yourselves out at the expense of ASA while they try to negotiate a new contract. That's one heck of a "Delta Nation" and "brotherhood" you guys have going on.

So please tell us... is it true?

Is ignorance bliss?

don't know about the 19 bucks an hour, i just got hired and am making almost 22....not great but better than i was at my previous job. got to start somewhere and i'm not going to start arguing with people until off probation. ;-)

flyguy81 said:
don't know about the 19 bucks an hour, i just got hired and am making almost 22....not great but better than i was at my previous job. got to start somewhere and i'm not going to start arguing with people until off probation. ;-)

That would be a very wise decision, flyguy81. Welcome aboard.

To whom should I address a cover letter to??

Rosa Mosely

Chautauqua Airlines
ATTN: Pilot Recruitment
8909 Purdue Rd. Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46268

boxjockey said:
Especially considering the fact that those people have been fying for USAir for the last 15 years. Geez, how greedy are those guys, wanting to keep their sub-standard displacement job. D!cks.

box

Yeah, screw them! I'll be gosh-darned if some crusty 45 year old takes food out of my kid's mouth! I flight instructed for eight months to earn this job, dag-nab-it!

Can anyone tell me where I might be if I'd have accpeted their interview offer in 7/2000 and was sucessful. I hurts to think about it considering I was a part of the great Independence experiement..........

AirBoard said:
Can anyone tell me where I might be if I'd have accpeted their interview offer in 7/2000 and was sucessful. I hurts to think about it considering I was a part of the great Independence experiement..........

You would be 264 on a list of 1209 pilots.

AirBoard said:

With the New ERJ170's and the additional 400 or so pilots for this year, that would have put you in the 7/6/2000 class.

You would now be Number 251 out of 1700 or so.

Fair to say you would be a SENIOR CPT @ any base on any equipment.

surplus1 said:
Flying Dawg,

Do you really mean that when your Company "buys" a bunch of airplanes you really have to give 1/2 of the seats to the pilots of another airline that used to own them?

Only 32 of them!

I think you should understand how J4J came to be at Chautauqua. The pilot group originally voted down J4J outright. Management then decided to start an alter-ego Republic Airlines to operate these additional jets. Not only was Republic gonna be non-union but had payscales lower than our previous contract. It was then realized that nothing prevented them from transferring current Chautauqua aircraft over to Republic. In addition, one must remember that RepublicHoldings had not yet gone public and no fidicuiary duties to stockholders existed that would prevent a transfer of assets to another company. Because of this whipsaw, J4J was reluctantly passed and yes we are stuck with it. In the process, scope to secure all future flying by any Republic Holdings companies became the single largest concern in the last contract. It should also be pointed out that a contract that had vastly better pay was voted down largely because it didn't provide such protections. Those protections were secured in our current contract at great expense to our wallets.

Maybe if the legacy carrier laborgroups (including Delta) had such foresight to protect its flying, you wouldn't have to be dealing with the likes of Mesa and Chautauqua. In addition companies like ASA and Comair wouldn't have grown because they were once independant carries as well (and might be again in the future). So keep bashing the Chautauquas of the world because you couldn't obtain scope to protect your flying (actually its Delta mainline flying - in effect your doing the same thing as us).

Latest resources

Back