Chautauqua/Republic/Shuttle America Update on AirlinePilotCentral

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
StarChecker said:
I'm trying so hard to give a rat's ass what you think of our pilots...but it's just not working.

Your breaking my heart Star Checker.

There are knobs at every airline.......the only reason yours stand out is because your taking delivery of airplanes and signing up new code shares left and right.
I didn't say you all s*ck.........have a prozac.

StarChecker said:
I had a CMR FO on my flight yesterday and he said the exact opposite of you. He had nothing but positive experiences from every CHQ guy he's encountered....so eat it.

Yeah because of all the regionals out there we've heard ComAir pilots always talk the least sh*t about about CHQ pilots. Funny how much you care about what someone else thinks of your pilots when their strokin your c*ck.

Been at CHQ since april. I was on reserve for 3 weeks. Got called twice. I had 15 days off this month, and I only spent 3 days away from home. We have lots of bases, and lots of different kinds of trips depending on the base. My life is great for the time being. Others don't have it as well, but its all what you make of it

Always had good experiences with CHQ. Glad to hear there are good qol things going on there.

republic

Could some please PM me with some info about Republic.

A. When do medical benefits start? DOH or 90days?
B. What are the costs?
C. What kind of plans do they have?

Any or all of the answeres would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Mtnjam said:
I'm also tired of commuting and would like to be based at DCA. What's the chances of getting awarded that? How about ORD??

Right now DCA is not a base, but it is expected to open when Republic starts flying the newly-aquired MidAtlantic aircraft, which will start shortly. ORD is currently a large base, and it is very likely to get awarded it if you fly for the Shuttle America subsidiary.

flyer4hire said:
Could some please PM me with some info about Republic.

A. When do medical benefits start? DOH or 90days?
B. What are the costs?
C. What kind of plans do they have?

Any or all of the answeres would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

A. 30 days after DOH
B. Health: $60/month - employee only, $100/month - employee and spouse, $140/month - entire family. Dental: free for employee only, $16.34/month - entire family. Vision - free for entire family
C. Health: Great-West PPO, Dental: United Concordia PPO, Vision Coverage is one free eye exam and $125 towards glasses/contacts for each member of family.

CHQ is no different than any other of the so-called regional airlines. Some things are better, some worse. If you bundled everything up and put it on a scale with XYZ Airlines (pick one) on the other side, it would fairly balance regardless of your pick.

A fair amount of punks waiting to have the 1.5 year upgrade, to which they consider themselves entitled, presented to them in a lavish ceremony. That kind of ticks me off; not the quick upgrade, but the assumption of entitlement and the punk attitude. (i.e. screaming "STAPLE 'EM!!!!!") It is beginning to alienate folks better left unalienated. This is a vocal minority, to be sure, but it is tainting the rest of the group.

Pay no attention to the "bottom feeder", etc, comments you see here. It is all the same people saying all the same things all the time. All the regionals share this distinction to some degree. How much of a degree depends upon to whom you are speaking and that exalted status is also bundled into the bag on the scale and fairly balances with the rest of it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back